UK MFK FISHING TRIP !!!

DanDanUK

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jun 2, 2005
Leeds , England

Here it is guy’s a UK MFK first!

Four lakes totalling 170 pegs in Sherwood Forest alongside the River Maun catering for all types of angler.

• Easy access to most pegs by car with the maximum walk being just 80 metres.
• Hot and cold drinks from the bailiff’s cabin.
• Breakfasts and snacks from the Farm Park Tea Room.
• Toilet and washing facilities also at the Tea Room.
• Open all year, 7am to dusk.
• Adults 1 rod £4 2 rods £6
• Under 16s 1 rod £3 2 rods £5

And the Lake we will be fishing on is

Sherwood Lake
Sherwood is our largest lake with 64 pegs on 4¾ acres. It’s S shaped and reed fringed with fishing from both sides. Depths range from 3ft at peg 1 in front of the bailiff’s cabin on the field side to 5½ ft. at peg 45 on the roadside. There are 14 different species in the lake including carp to 20lbs, tench to 6lbs, roach and orfe to 2lbs and bream to 4lbs. The match record is nearly 80lbs whilst there have been many pleasure nets of over 100lbs!
There are lots of islands, bars, lilies and reeds etc. except between pegs 42-66, but this is where the bream live.

The same tactics as on Cavendish work at Sherwood but the best results usually come on the pole with worm, paste or meat over a bed of carp pellets or hemp.

Regular open and club matches are run on this lake, and it’s the only one on which you can use your keepnet for pleasure fishing.

I’ll need to know everyone who is defiantly coming by MONDAY 21st AUGUST 2006 so i can call them let them know how many is in our party and reserve our pegs so we are all together

NO CASH IS NEEDED UP FRONT FROM ANY MEMBER YOU PAY ON YOUR ARRIVAL.

MEETING TIME for all members we suggest the time between 07.00am and 08.00am anyone else who comes after that would have to ask at the bailiff’s cabin as to where we are situated. I will be there early to meet and greet members.

DIRECTIONS ON HOW TO GET THERE Take the A60 out of Mansfield then join the A6075 signposted Edwinstowe. At the Warsop crossroads turn right signposted Clipstone and Sherwood Forest Farm Park. 200 yards on the right turn into the Farm Park entrance signposted Fishing and follow the signs down the lane.

If you’d like to check out the website of our location it’s here
http://www.anglersnet.co.uk/fisheries/sherwood.htm#top

If anyone has any questions they’d like answering just post them on this thread or send DanDanUK or DIXON a PM.

And we’ll see all you MFK anglers there !!!

Update - by neoprodigy​

FREE Limited MFK-UK Fishing Trip T-shirt will be pass out during the trip. please pm DanDanUK or DIXON and tell 'em your size... please pm them before August 13, 2006.​

DiXoN

English MFKer
MFK Member
Sep 5, 2004
Sunderland, England
Sherwood forest? Isn't that where Robin Hood lives???
yep and if i see kevin costner i will tell him waterworld was crap

i am in too and can not wait.
i will have to list my tackle so i can be pointed in the right direction as i am crap at freshwater fishing.

thanks Dan you have come up trumps with this one the place looks amazing.
dixon

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store