unofficial fish of the week artwork

The Masked Shadow

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Jul 19, 2020
Southern California (San Diego)
They do. Scientists just found out how to breed the rarest fish in the world, the devil's hole pupfish. The Bighead Pupfish are only found in .4 square miles at a river/hotspring. They like water temperatures above 85, but can survive in 50. They can also survive in extreme water temps of over 107! They are very rare, and almost all are critically endangered. They also like brackish water.

Reactions: Magnus_Bane

FESHMAN

Polypterus
MFK Member
Sep 14, 2015
Q8
Since I lost my screentime priveleges, I am looking forward to a nice sketch. Probably a geometric design, cuz I tried with your flowerhorn Magnus_Bane Magnus_Bane , and all I got was a fish with a giant pimple lol. Maybe I'll do a charcoal sketch.
Check the pic I posted lol

FESHMAN

Polypterus
MFK Member
Sep 14, 2015
Q8
I'm not an actual artist like you guys, but I came up with an idea and I've been having fun with it for a while.
The idea is to make drawings using only preset shapes in MS paint. You can rotate, slightly modify, cut or fill them but not create a shape from scratch.

As you can see in this masterpiece, the boesmani rainbows are made with diamonds and triangles, the clowns are the intersection of two ellipses and right triangles, the vals are upside-down lightning, and the rocks are clouds. Can you spot the platinum clown?

Here you go, feast your eyes lol

The Masked Shadow

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Jul 19, 2020
Bump. Just seems like fun to see some other art.

FINWIN FINWIN , aren't you an artist? If anyone is taking requests, my Congo Tetra died, and it would be cool if someone could draw him...just leave out my pajama pants! Maybe Cichla-Kyle Cichla-Kyle or reefman reefman could draw it?

Last edited:

esoxlucius

Alligator Gar
MFK Member
Dec 30, 2015
UK
I was digging about in some old boxes in the attic earlier today and came across a box of old school stuff. This box was sealed up and put aside some 30 years ago!! I was quite artistic at school and I had quite a collection of pastels, pencils, water colours and such, all of which got boxed up and totally forgot about. The box has moved around with me on my house moving travels over the years, but never re-opened....until today.

So I got them all out and found a picture of my favourite fish, the european perch, and proceeded to draw it. It felt weird because I haven't done anything really artistic since school, but it seemed to come back to me. See the resulting picture below. It's no where near finished, it still needs a lot of work but I was struggling somewhat because my colouring media was well past its best by date.

I'm seriously thinking of buying a load of modern art gear and starting up again. What do you reckon?

20210503_192121.jpg

Hendre

Bawitius
Staff member
MFK Member
Jan 14, 2016
South Africa
Absolutely, go for it!

The Masked Shadow

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Jul 19, 2020
I was digging about in some old boxes in the attic earlier today and came across a box of old school stuff. This box was sealed up and put aside some 30 years ago!! I was quite artistic at school and I had quite a collection of pastels, pencils, water colours and such, all of which got boxed up and totally forgot about. The box has moved around with me on my house moving travels over the years, but never re-opened....until today.

So I got them all out and found a picture of my favourite fish, the european perch, and proceeded to draw it. It felt weird because I haven't done anything really artistic since school, but it seemed to come back to me. See the resulting picture below. It's no where near finished, it still needs a lot of work but I was struggling somewhat because my colouring media was well past its best by date.

I'm seriously thinking of buying a load of modern art gear and starting up again. What do you reckon?

View attachment 1459429
Ahh. European Perch. A beautiful fish!

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store