Upcoming Movies and TV shows

Steve_C

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Jan 9, 2017
Royal Oak, Michigan
www.midwestcustomflyrods.com
Went and saw the Grinch this morning. I'll sum it up in one word, bland. I am a fan of Christmas movies and there's ones each year that are traditions for my family to watch, but this new Grinch I doubt will be one of them. Just did not care one bit for Benedict Cumberbatch as the voice of the Grinch. And definitely could have done without Pharrell Williams narrating it as well as the various rap songs in the film. Call me old but I'm getting so tired of these animated films being full of crap rap music I could puke.

All in all was not terrible, but definitely forgettable. Certainly doesn't beat Ron Howard's version that's for sure.

Reactions: FMA4ME

piranhaman00

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Sep 15, 2009
Wisconsin
Went and saw the Grinch this morning. I'll sum it up in one word, bland. I am a fan of Christmas movies and there's ones each year that are traditions for my family to watch, but this new Grinch I doubt will be one of them. Just did not care one bit for Benedict Cumberbatch as the voice of the Grinch. And definitely could have done without Pharrell Williams narrating it as well as the various rap songs in the film. Call me old but I'm getting so tired of these animated films being full of crap rap music I could puke.

All in all was not terrible, but definitely forgettable. Certainly doesn't beat Ron Howard's version that's for sure.
Sorry to hear this. Doesnt look like other people thought very highly of it either, mediocre reviews at best.

Edit: Review I read seemed to emulate yours! Haha

"The bad: Grinch somehow seemed wrong. I'm not sure if it was the voice, the artistic effects, or just a general un-Grinchiness. The story was a retelling that didn't need to be. The biggest negative is the feeling that this movie is forgettable."

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
I'm glad I didn't concern myself with the film's box office performance.The people behind the film may not have put forth their best effort in promoting it or whatever,all I know is that it was pretty good.

Reactions: Matteus

FMA4ME

Probation Member
Probation Member
Aug 6, 2013
CA

Aw I thought the movie did well in the box office. I like lots of Christmas movies too, but if they gave the Grinch an urban flava, that is an absolute deal breaker for me. I too am soooooo sick of that ish too. Deuces Grinch.

piranhaman00

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Sep 15, 2009
Wisconsin

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
To be fair horrors in general don't do good.
I agree with that.....and pparently Mark Walberg's Mile 21 didn't do very well either as it vanished from theaters after a few weeks.I wanted to see it but it was gone by the time I got around to going.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store