Upcoming Movies and TV shows

esoxlucius

Balaclava Bot Butcher
MFK Member
Dec 30, 2015
UK
Saw that listed last night, may have to try it now.

I just started an interesting fantasy series called Carnival Row and am quite liking it. I very much like the world they have created as a setting. For those into SciFi and Fantasy, it has a very "steam-punk" type of flavour to it. :)
Don't expect too much with that film John, but I guarantee one thing, you will be astounded how similar it is to Fall.

I've just finished watching a three part documentary on Netflix about the doomed Malaysian flight MH370. They're still no where near finding out what the hell went on but, as expected, the conspiracy theories are rife. It's quite good.

twentyleagues

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Apr 5, 2017
Flint town!
Saw that listed last night, may have to try it now.

I just started an interesting fantasy series called Carnival Row and am quite liking it. I very much like the world they have created as a setting. For those into SciFi and Fantasy, it has a very "steam-punk" type of flavour to it. :)
I mentioned carnival row a few pages back. I really think it's quite good. Like you said it's definitely sci-fi fantasy and if you don't care for that stuff may not be for you. Little bits of alot of generas in it really. Glad someone else has seen it and likes it.

Reactions: jjohnwm

ken31cay

Piranha
MFK Member
Dec 25, 2022
Cayman Islands
I mentioned carnival row a few pages back. I really think it's quite good. Like you said it's definitely sci-fi fantasy and if you don't care for that stuff may not be for you. Little bits of alot of generas in it really. Glad someone else has seen it and likes it.
Just started season 2 and so far it's very good like season 1. But then sci-fi and fantasy are my favorite genres.

jjohnwm

Sausage Finger Spam Slayer
MFK Member
Mar 29, 2019
Manitoba, Canada
Yes, I just completed the first season as well. I don't keep track of this thread, just drop in once in a while. If I had seen this series mentioned I would have tried it immediately. As it is, I'm very glad to have stumbled across it and given it a try. :)

Deadeye

POTM Curator
Staff member
MFK Member
Aug 31, 2020
Ted Lasso season 3 drops this Wednesday

esoxlucius

Balaclava Bot Butcher
MFK Member
Dec 30, 2015
UK
After the past few threads I thought I'd check out "Carnival Row" last night. Usually I'm swayed pretty quick one way or the other, and I must admit this one swayed me in a positive way. In fact it swayed me to such an extent I watched back to back episodes!

It looks like it's going to be a winner with me.

esoxlucius

Balaclava Bot Butcher
MFK Member
Dec 30, 2015
UK
I was flicking through Netflix last night and stumbled upon a documentary called "Behind The Curve". It was about the "flat earthers". I have never watched anything in my entire life where my mouth was constantly wide open in dumbstruck awe throughout.

The fact that the earth is a globe is an absolute given, there is no denying it. You simply can't disprove something like that. It's like trying to disprove that black is really white. And yet, alarmingly, there is a growing number of people worldwide who are hopping on this ridiculous bandwagon.

They have even come up with their own "experiments" to show that the earth doesn't have any curvature whatsoever. And their experiments have shown, to their dismay, that it obviously does have a curvature!! But rather than accept it, they are looking at ways of disproving their own findings and "tweaking" their own methods.

It is a truly jaw dropping piece of television.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store