Update on CB Marble pup

Fsh Lvr

Exodon
MFK Member
Mar 20, 2020
I looked at the tanks you have/had for sale.Are you keeping black diamonds? If so what size tank would you suggest for them?

DB junkie

Gold Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jan 27, 2007
Iowa
I started my bds out in 3 wides (6.5 x3 and a 7x3). Theyre getting some size to them now so the 3 wides are for sale to fund a 4' wide tank for them. 3' wide lasted a couple years, could probably last a while longer but I see no point in prolonging the inevetible, they need more room..... Have a bigger gal here that's probably close to 20" across - guessing 3' long. She has a kinked tail - had when I bought her, guessing from too small of a tank. She's been in a 10x4 since I aquired her.

• Love
Reactions: Matteus

Fsh Lvr

Exodon
MFK Member
Mar 20, 2020
? So do you sell? I'm in ontario so that might be a bit far but I'm just looking. Im also using my moms account so i can't afford it right now.

Matteus

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Jan 6, 2018
Canada eh
Not sure about anyone else but this guy sure has been doing a lot of thinking lately. Thinking about why I keep rays. Thinking about how a ray keeper decides it's time to quit or bail from the hobby. Thoughts of how the hell did I push through loosing so much money and so many rays over the years.

Here we are - 11+ YEARS later. The ray that started it all for me. The first ray of mine that was really special to me. Why? The first one born in my care that survived.

There's a saying - you can't win them all. Well, guess what?!??!! Can't loose them all either.

Very proud to say this lil girl isn't so little anymore. She's still with me today over a decade later. Been through 3 moves. Been such a special ray to me that I've never really pushed any males real hard to breed her, never really kept with any proven males. She's been my good luck charm. The one that pics me up every time I loose one. The one that makes me feel like I can't be as bad at keeping rays as I sometimes feel like I am.

VERY anxious to see what the future holds for this gal. IS she currently holding? Could she be holding a cross of 2 species we've never seen before!???!!! Wouldn't that be ironic? :)

View attachment 1410692
When I first started reading this post, I was filled with anxiety because it sounded like you were about to throw in the towel. It almost brought a tear to my eyes, seeing how the tone changed. I disagree with you and your statements about your lack of skill. You have had to deal with some seriously ****ty water conditions from your source water, yet you have found a way to make it work, even if it was for a fraction of the rays you have kept. You have faced more adversity than I would argue any of us on a constant basis. Yet you still rise to the occasion and find a way.

You Sir are a true Hero in our hobby. Thank you for persevering and thank you for posting this. She is a beautiful Girl, you have done an amazing job at protecting her and making it so far with her. Well done. ??

Reactions: Toothyboi and deeda

DB junkie

Gold Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jan 27, 2007
Iowa
Almost 11 years later it may finally be time for her to become a mom.

IMG_0127.JPG

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store