Update on my cats

houie925

Candiru
MFK Member
Nov 12, 2008
Manteca, California
also might i ask have you been able to get your hands on a planiceps
Sorry to hear you gave yours up. You had some great fish.

I've been passively looking for a new firewood cat with no luck so far, though I've heard rumblings of them becoming more available again.

My commuter car crapped out on me on tuesday and is about to go in the shop for what i believe will be a major repair, or it's going to be time for a new vehicle, so at least for a little while I'm entirely out of the market for any new fish. Maybe when I'm ready to start looking again I'll be able to find another planiceps.

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

dudefish82

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Apr 11, 2013
?
hopefully you will get a planiceps when its time but in the time bieng you got some great fish that is much better than planiceps. also how much did it cost to build your tank

houie925

Candiru
MFK Member
Nov 12, 2008
Manteca, California
hopefully you will get a planiceps when its time but in the time bieng you got some great fish that is much better than planiceps. also how much did it cost to build your tank
Including filtration I spent around $1000, maybe $1200. About another $100 on the heating if I remember correctly. Planning another upgrade in the next year or so. Probably going to use a liner next time around.

thebiggerthebetter

Senior Curator
Staff member
MFK Member
Dec 31, 2009
Naples, FL, USA

houie925

Candiru
MFK Member
Nov 12, 2008
Manteca, California

houie925

Candiru
MFK Member
Nov 12, 2008
Manteca, California
The TSN seems to be getting more aggressive toward the hybrid, or at least the wounds inflicted are getting more severe. Hoping for the best because I really don't have a good option for separating them. If I sold one or gave it away it would almost certainly be going in a smaller tank than mine and mine's a growout. No space for a second monster tank or pond. Every time the hybrid starts looking better I go to the garage and his fins are tore up again. Getting pretty frustrated with this aggression.

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store