Update on my cats

Evz jardini

Jardini
MFK Member
May 19, 2010
manchester /uk
My irwini is out a lot at the min aswell not grown much in 12months though I got him st 7" , I've got a couple of nigers aswell same thing there all about 8/9" now had those since they were about 5/6" , I git a giraffe cat about six months ago at 4" and he's catching the others up quick he's about 7 " already , what's everyone feeding there's massiveore del ?

houie925

Candiru
MFK Member
Nov 12, 2008
Manteca, California
My irwini is out a lot at the min aswell not grown much in 12months though I got him st 7" , I've got a couple of nigers aswell same thing there all about 8/9" now had those since they were about 5/6" , I git a giraffe cat about six months ago at 4" and he's catching the others up quick he's about 7 " already , what's everyone feeding there's massiveore del ?
I saw mine fully out a couple nights ago but he noticed me right away and went back in his pipe. I mostly exclusively see his tail but he's still a baby.

I feed my cats thawed whole fish and krill, chopped shrimp and fish fillets, and high protein tilapia pellets.

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

Evz jardini

Jardini
MFK Member
May 19, 2010
manchester /uk
Mite give the tilapia pellets a go , mine have , raw prawns , whitebait , muscles and sinking pellets I've git a tub of jmc sinking pellets at the min but they were cheeper than more known brands and not sure how much protein is in them in comparison to say the massivore but they were half the price , prob I've got is my other fish arrow jag pacu hoover everythin up before the cats get out there pipes so I've started putting a handfull in late at nite with lights out to give them more chance

houie925

Candiru
MFK Member
Nov 12, 2008
Manteca, California
I get my pellets off ebay. They're cheap but the ingredients and protein content are listed and they seem to be of decent quality. They also contain thiamine which is good because most shrimp and small fish contain Thiaminase and those make up the majority if my fishes' diet. I also occasionally get the "palace premier" pellets at Randy's fish palace, one of my favorite LFS.

RTC, hybrid, and Mega didn't feel like having their picture taken

ImageUploadedByMonsterAquariaNetwork1366849778.245673.jpg

ImageUploadedByMonsterAquariaNetwork1366849793.547381.jpg

ImageUploadedByMonsterAquariaNetwork1366849832.815640.jpg

ImageUploadedByMonsterAquariaNetwork1366849865.444355.jpg

Evz jardini

Jardini
MFK Member
May 19, 2010
manchester /uk
Thanks for the info ill be on the look out for pellets containing thiamine in lfs's and e bay

houie925

Candiru
MFK Member
Nov 12, 2008
Manteca, California
Well it was bound to happen eventually. My newest addition, the planiceps catfish, has ich. bumping temp to 86 and I'll have to get some aquarium salt. performing a massive water change right now. I've already been doing WCs daily to keep nitrates down so I'll probably have to reduce feedings a bit as well to keep the water pristine for the next few weeks.

Evz jardini

Jardini
MFK Member
May 19, 2010
manchester /uk
Stick some melafix in if poss never does any harm to usually works , keep oxygen levels high , powerhead, air pump

houie925

Candiru
MFK Member
Nov 12, 2008
Manteca, California
I raised my sump return a few inches above the tank water level and lowered my sump water level to get more agitation. I also have two large airstones running all the time. Temp is working its way up, I warmed it from 81 to 84F with a warm water change and set the heater to 86. will likely bump it to 88 tomorrow. Added some salt as well, low dose since I'm not sure how my cats will respond. I'll gradually increase the salt as long as all seems to be progressing properly.

houie925

Candiru
MFK Member
Nov 12, 2008
Manteca, California
Five days at 88 and all the cats are looking pretty good now. Red tail was looking pretty stressed just based on his behavior, constantly hanging by an airstone, and lack of appetite and the firewood still looks a little beat up but no sign of ich on him. Both are now eating and acting like they should. The other cats seemed entirely unaffected by the whole ordeal, never went off food or altered their behavior. Only a tetra in the tank still showing ich symptoms so once that clears up a few more days at 88 and hopefully no more ich

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store