Update on my cats

houie925

Candiru
MFK Member
Nov 12, 2008
Manteca, California
Houie, What would you say your growth rate on the hybrid is from the day you got him till now? Please list sizes and time frames. Thanks!

Sent from my GT-I9305 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App
The hybrid had a time of almost no growth because he kept filling up on rocks and would barely eat but he's grown from about 2" in December 2012 to about 20" now. Started out at probably 2" growth per month and has been growing less than 1" per month lately. I think he's growing a bit slow because he gets bullied by the TSN and I'm sure gets stressed by it and has to use a lot of calories repairing all the minor injuries.

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

houie925

Candiru
MFK Member
Nov 12, 2008
Manteca, California
Cool mine are now on pellets ;):thumbup: , one of mine keeps shredding slime coat ATM any ideas what it could be ? My water p's are OK 50% WC weekly , all my other fish are fine no signs of disease , all feeding its a bit odd , all I could think of is either stress from other fish or from squeezing into a pipe he's now a bit to big for , I'll get a PIC next time it happens and post it

Sent from my Nexus 7 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App
I've never had any slime coat issues so I'm not sure what would cause that. Hope it's nothing serious and I'd love to see pics.

xApostle

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Mar 4, 2013
London
The hybrid had a time of almost no growth because he kept filling up on rocks and would barely eat but he's grown from about 2" in December 2012 to about 20" now. Started out at probably 2" growth per month and has been growing less than 1" per month lately. I think he's growing a bit slow because he gets bullied by the TSN and I'm sure gets stressed by it and has to use a lot of calories repairing all the minor injuries.

Thanks very much! I've just ordered one and was just curious as to roughly when I'll have to move him to his intex pond.

Sent from my GT-I9305 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

Evz jardini

Jardini
MFK Member
May 19, 2010
manchester /uk
I've never had any slime coat issues so I'm not sure what would cause that. Hope it's nothing serious and I'd love to see pics.

Managed to snap a PIC of mine together last nite houie , the slime coats issue isn't too bad today but as you can see from the colour the larger one still looks pale in comparison to the smaller one uploadfromtaptalk1413009120445.jpguploadfromtaptalk1413009130733.jpg

houie925

Candiru
MFK Member
Nov 12, 2008
Manteca, California
Managed to snap a PIC of mine together last nite houie , the slime coats issue isn't too bad today but as you can see from the colour the larger one still looks pale in comparison to the smaller one View attachment 1041730View attachment 1041731

He does look a little pale. Something must be stressing him and since he doesn't look injured I'd imagine he likely has some sort of illness. Have you posted anything about it in the disease forum? I've had good luck getting help there. Skimming the disease guide sticky there are at least a few possible causes and the folks who frequent that forum can probably help nail down what's causing this. Good luck, hope all turns out well.

houie925

Candiru
MFK Member
Nov 12, 2008
Manteca, California
Progress!!! TSN took A pellet when I threw a handful in yesterday. It's not much but it's better than nothing. I'll never stop feeding him fish but hopefully he starts taking more pellets rather than waiting sometimes weeks between feedings, and I won't have to stuff pellets in the feeders anymore.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store