Update on Noodle

Chicxulub

Hand of the King
Administrator
Aug 29, 2009
I crash at the K-Pg
I have zero idea. not only did it have a canopy. BUT it also had a plastic lid. I still can't figure it out. HOWEVER. I upgraded security, and got another silver. and you guys. She is PERFECT. Ate the first day I got her home. swam out into the open water of her tank. (rock sculptures on either side, open in the middle, see pic above) She comes to the glass to greet me. I'll have her eating from my hand in no time. Noodle always stayed in one corner, was sassy with me about eating (read: rarely did) But now, I have this girl. Some how her name ended up being Sarah Pickle Lemon. I'm not sure... and its too far gone to change now, unfortunately. But SPL is perfect.
She's VERY little though. I'll be making a separate post about this... but does anybody have any advice about how to chop up hakari food sticks? Ive been cutting them in half (she's really little guys, and feeding her whole sticks makes me very uncomfortable) but cutting them takes so much time. I tried the magic bullet chop method, and that just turns 60% of it to dust. Tried a ziplock bag and a hammer (not sure what i was thinking) ended in dust too. Options?
At that size, a half of a Hikari food stick should be manageable for something with a mouth the size of an arowana, even one that small. I'd just snap them in half. Did you get Ms Lemon from James at Fish Galore by any chance? If not, where'd you get her? I'm looking for good local stores that have more than the typical chain store lineup.

Oh hey hey! I'm in atlantic beach.
Good stuff! I live in Callahan right now, but my family and I are about to build a new house up on the state line :)

Ohnoitstfloyd

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Mar 30, 2018
Jacksonville, Florida
At that size, a half of a Hikari food stick should be manageable for something with a mouth the size of an arowana, even one that small. I'd just snap them in half. Did you get Ms Lemon from James at Fish Galore by any chance? If not, where'd you get her? I'm looking for good local stores that have more than the typical chain store lineup.

Good stuff! I live in Callahan right now, but my family and I are about to build a new house up on the state line :)
I vowed never to go to fish galore ever again. I know the beaches is far. But check out ocean reef at the beach. Try to go Thursday afternoons or fridays. They get shipments Thursday mornings. If you need anything custom ordered they can do it. Ask for Brandon if you need help.

Reactions: Chicxulub

Chicxulub

Hand of the King
Administrator
Aug 29, 2009
I crash at the K-Pg
I vowed never to go to fish galore ever again. I know the beaches is far. But check out ocean reef at the beach. Try to go Thursday afternoons or fridays. They get shipments Thursday mornings. If you need anything custom ordered they can do it. Ask for Brandon if you need help.
Good stuff! I'll check em out :)

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store