Updates from the 300

DMD123

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Oct 23, 2009
Lakewood, WA
Please let me know what you think of cleaning the rock and if it is lightweight. I know that is kinda a weird ask lol.
Actually totally makes sense. I was super curious about their products but no one ever really talked about the rocks or plants. I only saw a few reviews on the backgrounds which seem to last quite a few years with no issues. So yeah, I will try to update my thoughts on the products.

Just an fyi, the rock is open bottomed like the plants with actual stones imbedded in the resin inside. So a bit of worry about stagnant water inside. Its not super heavy (compared to real rock, lol) but heavy enough that it sinks and the fish wont move it.

clm08k

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Oct 31, 2016
Actually totally makes sense. I was super curious about their products but no one ever really talked about the rocks or plants. I only saw a few reviews on the backgrounds which seem to last quite a few years with no issues. So yeah, I will try to update my thoughts on the products.

Just an fyi, the rock is open bottomed like the plants with actual stones imbedded in the resin inside. So a bit of worry about stagnant water inside. Its not super heavy (compared to real rock, lol) but heavy enough that it sinks and the fish wont move it.
Thank you! I am excited to hear about updates and your thoughts about it, especially with the cleaning. That is interesting about it being open-bottomed. I guess that makes it easier to maneuver when you try to move it or take it out of the tank. Hey, at least it isn't heavy!

I definitely understand the wanting to know about their rocks and plants. Likewise, I have seen people with 3D backgrounds but was more interested in the rocks and the floating ledges/platforms myself.

DMD123

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Oct 23, 2009
Lakewood, WA
Thank you! I am excited to hear about updates and your thoughts about it, especially with the cleaning. That is interesting about it being open-bottomed. I guess that makes it easier to maneuver when you try to move it or take it out of the tank. Hey, at least it isn't heavy!

I definitely understand the wanting to know about their rocks and plants. Likewise, I have seen people with 3D backgrounds but was more interested in the rocks and the floating ledges/platforms myself.
Sorry for the blurry pic, I blew it up from the other one I posted. The underside of the big rock basically looks just like this plant pictured. Ad yes that is a rock imbedded in the resin.
IMG_1052 (1).jpg
I am still waiting on one plant to come in. They ran out of stock on the one I bought but offered me this instead. this actually works better with what I have going on anyway.
IMG_1052 (1) (1).jpg
This is how the reddish plant looks in my puffer tank
084358C5-59EA-4055-8B42-33D0F2D9899A.jpeg

Reactions: clm08k

rvadog

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Jan 13, 2012
NYC
Love the pics. Have you ever kept multiple Pearseii cichlids? I have mentioned in another thread I have three juveniles which have gone from 20 inches tip to tail to ~7" for 2 5" for the third in 8 months. Was hoping for more growth but I don't over feed. Now one of the big ones is starting to scrap with the other big one and I'm thinking it's time to rehome. I got three so if I lost one at month 6 I didn't have to start over. Would love your thoughts.

DMD123

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Oct 23, 2009
Lakewood, WA
Love the pics. Have you ever kept multiple Pearseii cichlids? I have mentioned in another thread I have three juveniles which have gone from 20 inches tip to tail to ~7" for 2 5" for the third in 8 months. Was hoping for more growth but I don't over feed. Now one of the big ones is starting to scrap with the other big one and I'm thinking it's time to rehome. I got three so if I lost one at month 6 I didn't have to start over. Would love your thoughts.
I tried it once with 3 in a growout. As calm a pearsei are they still had a pecking order and the dominant one picked on the others. They were only about an 1 1/2” and in a breeder growout but in the end I didn’t keep any due to some really bad torn up fins and tails that were never going to heal right. The online vendor credited me for them and later I got a bigger single specimen instead.

For me I think for max growth, just keep one and focus on it. Also they are very slow growers in the sense that they take about three years to reach their peak size and sexual maturity. My current fish is growing “quick” but still has at least 2 years to reach its potential.

I guess if it were me, I would probably wait till you see the personality traits you like, the growth rate your happy with, then keep one and focus on it as the solo to raise.

Reactions: clm08k and RD.
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store