Updates from the 300

DMD123

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Oct 23, 2009
Lakewood, WA
The lap is being kept in line for sure, notice some more nips at the tail. I guess Croc rules with an iron fist, lol.

So it is funny to me that the lap would not touch a pellet when it was with the ansorgii in the 65b. I had tried Massivore and sinking carnivore along with Northfin 6mm sinking and it sat and sat. It must have realized that when these pellets are in the tank and the others come out to get them that it is food because it now eats pellets. Seems to pick at the sinking carnivore but is at least on the pathway to eating pellets.

I had not been doing Massivore for a while but had an unopened bag so I started feeding... I remember why I stopped. It really makes the tank water reek. I think Im going to finish this bag up and switch over to the Northfin Carnivore and Jumbo pellets as the main pellet food for the polys. I can feed tilapia regularly and the water is fine but as soon as Massivore hit the water it makes the tank stink.

The ansorgii is healing up but that side fin is slow to fill in. I really want him in the big tank as soon as possible to give him space and get him growing but I dont want to send him in until he is 100% ready and has nothing holding him back from being able to make successfully

So thats the lame update for the day.

Polyaddict86

Alligator Gar
MFK Member
May 1, 2016
Yey bay bay
Ill leave the ansorgii in the 65b for now, if you put him in the big tank, it needs to deal with the lap & croc, its better to beef him up first and make him heal 100% or better yet you can just send it to me,:D

DMD123

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Oct 23, 2009
Lakewood, WA
Lol, I just got on and saw this. Spent the day moving a tree from my brother in laws house to mine. Probably an easy $400 tree from a nursery so it was woth the effort. Not sure exactly the varity but a japanese mample similar to a coral bark. Really looks good. The showered ans went to the movies with my brother and saw Suicide Squad. Now Im home ready to go to sleep. So there is the reason why Im so busy update...

As to the 300... The fish are doing well with the new lap getting a bit of attitude from Croc but doing okay. You wouldnt know it was a bully in this tank. Calm with no biting. Im thinking to just drop the ansorgii in soon. The fish is not completly healed but its taking forever for the fin to completely fill back in and I feel like its going to be the same no matter what tank its in.

Reactions: Polyaddict86
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store