Upgrade #1 4x8x2'

houie925

Candiru
MFK Member
Nov 12, 2008
Manteca, California
Dang cats are getting too big. Got my plywood home and all cuts are completed and holes are drilled, except for bulkheads. Haven't fully decided on plumbing yet. Barely started assembly and family obligations pulled me away, probably have an hour or two left to finish assembling the plywood. Glass should be here Friday and 3 gallons Max ACR should be here about the same time. gonna be low to the ground, probably a single layer of cinderblocks and a stock tank sump. Hopefully finish this up by March 1.

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

ImageUploadedByMonsterAquariaNetwork1359527128.138602.jpg

Mr.Manaconda

Candiru
MFK Member
Nov 9, 2008
Atlanta, GA
Same dimensions That I would like to attempt. Will be watching eagerly, Good luck with build. *Subscribed*

houie925

Candiru
MFK Member
Nov 12, 2008
Manteca, California
Max ACR arrived as scheduled. No rush on the glass but it should be here this week. Thinking I should probably add a few layers of fiberglass tape on the exterior at the seams, probably would be fine without but just for my peace of mind. Plan to choose my bulkhead locations and drill the holes tomorrow. should be able to get first coat of resin down too.

JPCHAOS

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Nov 1, 2012
post falls, id
Im planning my own build and im curious what type of plywood your using.
Thank for sharing your build :thumbup:

SENT FROM THIS HERE HOOSKERDOO!

houie925

Candiru
MFK Member
Nov 12, 2008
Manteca, California
It's 3/4 sanded ply. Seems to be a softwood, which further contributes to me wanting to tape the exterior seams. If I gave it a little more thought at the Home Depot I probably would have sprung for the oak or maple ply.

got initial coat of the max acr on the bottom, waiting for it to get tacky. this stuff is super easy to work with. I'm just using a bondo spreader and it's working great and has no odor as far as I can tell. I also got my holes drilled for the plumbing. sump is going to be on the left next to the tank so I put all the holes there. four 1" bulkheads near the front to go to four filter socks and one near the back for the return.

ImageUploadedByMonsterAquariaNetwork1360011875.228708.jpg

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store