Vieja synspilum/melanura

HybridFinatic

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Oct 24, 2018
Virginia
Just updating this thread for anyone who stumbles upon this thread in the future and would like some closure.

I have re-homed both viejas yesterday. I’m going a different direction with this tank.

they never did breed for me in the 2-3 years I’ve owned them.
Keep us posted!

midasman714

Blue Tier VIP
MFK Member
Oct 22, 2007
Fountain Valley, CA
Sorry to hear you're going another direction.

I also tried "going another direction" and quickly pivoted back to viejas ? I just love them too much.

• Love
Reactions: Niki_up

Niki_up

Blue Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jan 5, 2018
Sorry to hear you're going another direction.

I also tried "going another direction" and quickly pivoted back to viejas ? I just love them too much.
I’m going to try a pleco community.

Im sure I will regret re-homing the murderous water puppy. Who knows maybe I will come full circle and try another vieja.vieja breidohri are on my list to keep as well ?

bour

Man-made Monsters

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Dec 26, 2016
Vieja Breidohri are murder puppies 90% of the time…lol. They are super aggressive. Not my favorite Vieja due to not having a lot of color compared to other Vieja.

Niki_up

Blue Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jan 5, 2018
Vieja Breidohri are murder puppies 90% of the time…lol. They are super aggressive. Not my favorite Vieja due to not having a lot of color compared to other Vieja.
You think so? When I see pics of them they are light pink/white base with purples and reds…the look very colourful in the pictures I see

Reactions: HybridFinatic

Man-made Monsters

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Dec 26, 2016
You think so? When I see pics of them they are light pink/white base with purples and reds…the look very colourful in the pictures I see
Some have a decent amount of color that appears more when they spawn. Most of the time when I see them, not in breeding pairs, they have a silver/gray body with little bits of red.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store