VOTE: Official MFK T-Shirt Design Competition

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Rass

Aimara
MFK Member
Oct 3, 2005
California
I agree with other peoples comments on #2. It should be a kind of universal design for the future with different fish. I like the motto too, nice and to the point LOL.

scratanut

Candiru
MFK Member
Feb 9, 2007
India
www.flickr.com
Totskie;3198073; said:
To be honest, nobody's gonna rock any of these shirts! You should extend the deadline and maybe someone will come up with a better design. The loach, #1, is the only one that looks like a shirt design, but it still looks amateurish cause it doesn't have any design concept on it.

Also, people shouldn't use pics that they didn't take themselves cause that's copyright infringement.

Just a professional artists opinion, that's all.
Thats totally correct! I have been on every page looking for some true criticism and found this, very well said.
Either they are hand drawings or photos, with threshold increased, no true illustrations. They seriously lack professionalism.

#1-Should have been a monster, and a lot of space is left blank.
#2-This ones good, but dont think its very suitable for a T-shirt design
#3-Threshold increased, looks too diagrammatic instead of artistic.
#4-Nice line art, but its good in complement to logo, not as good for a poster.
#6-looks dull and boring
#9-I voted for this, could have been improved using strong lines around mouth of the fish.
#13-Its a monster indeed, but its should look more like a fish than a monster, we are keeping a fish that happens to be monsters actually.
#15-Good drawing work but not fit for a poster at all, so many fishes are making it very busy. Poster, t-shirt and logo art should be like elegant, bold and striking and stylish, certain things are to be emphasized and others are not. You dont need so much of detailing here.
#16- I really love the idea, but the illustrations are not neat and clear.
#21-Same reason as 15, you dont need to show everything.
#22-Looks like a Southeast Asian restaurant logo, where all that are served in their menu.

Sorry for harsh criticism, but couldnt stop myself. Not everyone's got a designer's eye.;)

Red Devil

Nice to meet you and welcome to MFK
Staff member
MFK Member
Feb 23, 2006
United states of America
scratanut;3200895; said:
Thats totally correct! I have been on every page looking for some true criticism and found this, very well said.
Either they are hand drawings or photos, with threshold increased, no true illustrations. They seriously lack professionalism.

#1-Should have been a monster, and a lot of space is left blank.
#2-This ones good, but dont think its very suitable for a T-shirt design
#3-Threshold increased, looks too diagrammatic instead of artistic.
#4-Nice line art, but its good in complement to logo, not as good for a poster.
#6-looks dull and boring
#9-I voted for this, could have been improved using strong lines around mouth of the fish.
#13-Its a monster indeed, but its should look more like a fish than a monster, we are keeping a fish that happens to be monsters actually.
#15-Good drawing work but not fit for a poster at all, so many fishes are making it very busy. Poster, t-shirt and logo art should be like elegant, bold and striking and stylish, certain things are to be emphasized and others are not. You dont need so much of detailing here.
#16- I really love the idea, but the illustrations are not neat and clear.
#21-Same reason as 15, you dont need to show everything.
#22-Looks like a Southeast Asian restaurant logo, where all that are served in their menu.

Sorry for harsh criticism, but couldnt stop myself. Not everyone's got a designer's eye.;)
you are forgetting one important thing...this is a contest.. and we are all the judges... we choose what we like and vote for it... if you don't like them don't vote... i want to see original ideas when i look at a tee shirt design.. not professional ideas... shirts may be nice but certainly no feelings went into it when you get into the professional aspect... and speaking of professional...have you seen some of the new tee shirt designs out there....yikes... i would wear any one of these beauties.. i hope no one is insulted by the lack of some peoples pride to be a a member of MFK above all else...

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store