Waiting for my order of haitiensis juvys

Rass

Aimara
MFK Member
Oct 3, 2005
California
Well hopefully my pair workout as well as yours lol 5 years is a pretty good run
Yeah each fish is different, and the female I lost was when they were very small, around 3 inches. The current pairing has done fine. If you keep a close eye you could always separate them with a divider if you see any damage happening.

anzo1993

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Jun 25, 2016
Canada
Yeah each fish is different, and the female I lost was when they were very small, around 3 inches. The current pairing has done fine. If you keep a close eye you could always separate them with a divider if you see any damage happening.
yeah I’ll have a divider ready to go, the females lip is pretty busted up already , the pair is around the 3 inch mark, the male honestly isn’t concerned with the fry at all lol

Rass

Aimara
MFK Member
Oct 3, 2005
California
yeah I’ll have a divider ready to go, the females lip is pretty busted up already , the pair is around the 3 inch mark, the male honestly isn’t concerned with the fry at all lol
Yeah mine were extremely good parents, but the female always ends up with a little damage to her upper lip from lip locking. Usually she is the instigator, but the minute I see any fin damage or anything else they will be divided just in case.

Reactions: anzo1993

anzo1993

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Jun 25, 2016
Canada
Yeah mine were extremely good parents, but the female always ends up with a little damage to her upper lip from lip locking. Usually she is the instigator, but the minute I see any fin damage or anything else they will be divided just in case.
I decided I might take out the male and let the female have the tank with the babies to herself, she’s going and won’t stop striking him and he sat the point where hes cowering in the corner now lol the tables turned lol

KATALEKEEPER

Dovii
MFK Member
Nov 18, 2020
Brooklyn, Ny
Dude! Let's go! I come on here to search for info about black nasties, but I didn't even need to because this was the most recent thread on the cichlid forum lol.

Reactions: anzo1993

anzo1993

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Jun 25, 2016
Canada
So I ended up taking out about 75% of the babies and putting them in a 29 gallon tank I had running , and the remaining 25% I wasn’t sure if the mother would continue to take of them or eat them in a panic lol she still took care of them luckily, the parents don’t get along at all anymore they can be in the Same tank but on there own sides

F7DD7F37-BAB5-4A1B-9404-18336690F643.jpeg

E1CDD71E-7FEB-4C0A-BB03-59055B6791A2.jpeg

Reactions: Cich Mind

anzo1993

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Jun 25, 2016
Canada
Just and update I had to put up a divider in the tank the parents have gone crazy and were fighting to the death, ripped up lips, torn fins , I don’t think they’ll be breeding again lol

Reactions: KATALEKEEPER
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store