Water change with no conditioner!

BloodThirsty

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Aug 31, 2006
Indiana
Crap, just started a water change on my front tank, got it half empty and realized I was out of Prime! :eek: I gotta get the pump and heater running asap though......hopefully everything will be fine this one time......

BloodThirsty

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Aug 31, 2006
Indiana
dr_sudz;872596; said:
what size of water change are you doing?

I just did 50%......everything is up and running again now......

portabuddy

Candiru
MFK Member
Nov 16, 2006
mississauga
HAHAHAHA, i think that this should be moved to the Lessons Learned section... never happened to me, lucky i age my water in a 120 that i dont know what to do with :) , soon to be a 90 gallon garbage can auto system. But man that sucks, your fish must have been pissed at you eh...

Bderick67

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Aug 18, 2006
Colorado
that is a good way to kill of your beneficial bacteria colony. Better keep an eye on your ammonia and nitrite levels over the next few days.

BloodThirsty

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Aug 31, 2006
Indiana
Everything is fine this morning. This is my office tank so I was pretty worried over night. I will check the params later today.

id10t

Candiru
MFK Member
Jun 3, 2005
One of the reasons I like having a well... and a faucet on the well that is *before* the home water softener...

Of course, my well is in the same aquifer that Ginnie Springs comes from, so its the same bottled water that Danon and quite a few others sell...

TipStylez

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 2, 2007
Seattle
Ive been doing my wc without adding water conditioner for about half a year. Everythings fine. Dont know why, i guess i have low ammounts of crap in my drinking water.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store