Water conditioners

TwoHedWlf

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Mar 2, 2017
New Zealand
Is Prime twice the price? It looks like here the 500ml of each, the prime is about twice the price.
But dosage rates
Nutrafin 5 ml per 10 gallons,
Prime 5ml per 50 gallons

So for twice the price you can treat 5 times as much. The prime is about 2.5 times better bang for the buck.

Jexnell

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jul 17, 2017
PNW
If you can get thru the whole dry measurement thing Safe is the way to go.

A liter of Prime that lasted me a month at best cost the same as the Safe I bought. Been using the Safe for a year and a half now and about 1/4 of it is gone.

esoxlucius

Balaclava Bot Butcher
MFK Member
Dec 30, 2015
UK
PRIME does seem expensive, compared to other brands. That is until you read the recommended dosage levels. PRIME is far more concentrated than many of its cheaper counterparts.

And SAFE, the powdered form of PRIME, as mentioned, is crazy crazy concentrated. Value for money blows everything out of the water with this product.

The only downside is that it is extremely concentrated and measuring it out can be very tricky because the amounts are only small, especially if you only have small tanks. SAFE primarily benefits hobbyists with huge set ups but that's not to say others can't use it too. Some hobbyists buy tiny special measuring spoons to achieve the right dosage levels.

Jexnell

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jul 17, 2017
PNW
I got a set of them myself, the special measuring spoons and did the math for the amout of Safe for the amount of chlorine in my city water supply.

I use a pinch of Safe or 1/16th of a teaspoon per 125gal tank water change. There are 3 pinch per gram. 250 gram container will be roughly 750 water changes. I do both 125s every three days, so roughly 120 water changes a year times two tanks is 240. So in theory the container should last 3 years and a few months.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store