Water is slightly hazy...slightly

tlindsey

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Aug 6, 2011
Ohio
Forgot to ask. Would this show effects in the fish like I stated about hiding. Would a mini cycle mess with them
You may get a short spike in ammonia and nitrite level so keep testing until all is good. You have pretty hardy species just observe for stress in behavior color change or not eating like normal.

cichlidfish

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Jun 18, 2005
OK ..pheww. Question. Should I do light changes...maybe 20% ..of water changes a day or is the 50% 2x a week good. My min in 1x a week if I'm busy and 2 preferably. With this being a mini cycle is 2 still the go to or is everyday better. Also I have stress zyme+. Should I use some of that to help it along or just let nature take it course

I watched this video and this is exactly how my tank looks in water quality

Also thank you for the help. I literally was going nuts thinking what I did. At least now I know
I agree with what this guy says. If it's a bacterial bloom, do the small water changes daily. It will clear up.
Are you sure this isn't an algae bloom? Is the tank near a window? I experience algae blooms this time of year because of the sunlight. I kept my blinds shut, reduced the time on my tank lights, and did some big water changes. The water is clear now. It's funny because I have a hard time growing algae during the fall/winter. I was trying to grow green hair algae all winter, and now I have it.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store