water snakes???

BigO6687

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Mar 23, 2010
banana land
I would get some big mollies too big for the snake to eat while hes still small, let them breed, and the babies are free food, he'll eventually eat the mollies as he grows, but its a thought, and allows you to get some fish

shop around though, ive seen mollies at least 5 inches

gl

Vicious_Fish

Here fishy fishy fishy...
MFK Member
Mar 9, 2007
South Central...
I'm not really sure why you'd want one to begin with. They're not very nice looking snakes and I can't say I've ever met a friendly one (well at least in the wild). But if you do get one, best of luck!

Lepisosteus platyrhincus

Polypterus
MFK Member
Nov 9, 2008
In the caiman den
^i dunno. iv seen some that are quite nice looking IMO. look at my pics on the first previous page. IMO that looks nice

Vicious_Fish

Here fishy fishy fishy...
MFK Member
Mar 9, 2007
South Central...
Yeah but that's not a very common coloring. Most of the ones we have up here are different bland shades of brown. If I had to choose a "nice" looking N.A. water snake species I'd go with one of the orange morph Nerodia clarkii compressicauda.

Nanoreefer

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Sep 14, 2008
Virginia
I MIGHT have a chance to go out today and get some stuff that I may need, not sure if I can, but MIGHT be able to. At the moment I have a 5,29, and 55, but most places that sell them sell babies, so is there a possibility that it could go in the 29 as a growout, and then transfer it to the 55?

Lepisosteus platyrhincus

Polypterus
MFK Member
Nov 9, 2008
In the caiman den
Vicious_Fish;4430256; said:
Yeah but that's not a very common coloring. Most of the ones we have up here are different bland shades of brown. If I had to choose a "nice" looking N.A. water snake species I'd go with one of the orange morph Nerodia clarkii compressicauda.
good point. that isnt a very common coloring. we just need more people to breed some color morphs:D:headbang2

A. gigas

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Apr 19, 2010
Vicious_Fish;4430187; said:
I'm not really sure why you'd want one to begin with. They're not very nice looking snakes and I can't say I've ever met a friendly one (well at least in the wild). But if you do get one, best of luck!
oh really? i see broa banded ones down at the local park with coloration like this fairly regularly.

Tramonte172

Gambusia
MFK Member
Jun 12, 2010
My fish room
Nanoreefer;4430273; said:
I MIGHT have a chance to go out today and get some stuff that I may need, not sure if I can, but MIGHT be able to. At the moment I have a 5,29, and 55, but most places that sell them sell babies, so is there a possibility that it could go in the 29 as a growout, and then transfer it to the 55?
A little one would likely be totally happy in a 29 until it gets bigger.

Nanoreefer

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Sep 14, 2008
Virginia
A. gigas;4431505; said:
by the way, i guess me and snakeguy's suggestions were ignored?
Nope :)
I'm just doing what I think would work best for me currently. But hey, I'll take more suggestions!

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store