We need to see these in the hobby

Deadliestviper7

The Necromancer
MFK Member
Aug 6, 2016
It’s pretty well understood that in the reptile hobby retics are the LONGEST snake species and green anaconda is the HEAVIEST snakes species. I’ve not seen any such debates in a long time.
Yet it would seem there is debate, both relics and g annies have broken the 30 ft mark, with a potential size of whofingknows?

moe214

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Oct 13, 2014
Yet it would seem there is debate, both relics and g annies have broken the 30 ft mark, with a potential size of whofingknows?
I don’t want to derail this thread so I’d love you to pm me proof. Anacondas don’t even average 25 ft. Largest caught I believe was 28’ approx. anything above is estimates if they lived their full potential with good genes. Retics are longer while anacondas are heavier. Simple google search can tell you that. Go on forums or YouTube and any serious hobbyist will say the same. It’s well accepted. I’m not against learning though long as you can prove it with good evidence.

Reactions: Dloks

Dloks

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Feb 5, 2011
in a car
I don’t want to derail this thread so I’d love you to pm me proof. Anacondas don’t even average 25 ft. Largest caught I believe was 28’ approx. anything above is estimates if they lived their full potential with good genes. Retics are longer while anacondas are heavier. Simple google search can tell you that. Go on forums or YouTube and any serious hobbyist will say the same. It’s well accepted. I’m not against learning though long as you can prove it with good evidence.
While it’s impossible as is for a 30’ recorded whatever it is also impossible for @deadliestrodent to prove as well we all know he pulls his information from the same hole unicorns drink from

Reactions: moe214

PYRU

Probation Member
Probation Member
Apr 8, 2015
SE
Korean endemic micro-wels :)

I have had a 5-pack of S. asotus for 3.5 years now. They exhibit an attention-worthy interaction between themselves and sometimes with tank mates, namely swimming supposedly males swimming under females and pushing with their snouts on females' tummies.

They establish and enforce hierarchy too, viciously if needed.

In the first pic are mine, then some mating pics from FishBase:

View attachment 1352927 View attachment 1352928 View attachment 1352929
Very cool. Thanks for sharing.

Deadliestviper7

The Necromancer
MFK Member
Aug 6, 2016
Not arguing on weight to length ratio, lol anacondas are pretty heavy.

I have pretty good experience in this department, if you ever want to see the largest living snake on display, visit the edge of hell on Halloween, you'll notice she isn't an anaconda.
Remember largest is not a set definition , it can mean heaviest,longest , fattest etc.

Deadliestviper7

The Necromancer
MFK Member
Aug 6, 2016
While it’s impossible as is for a 30’ recorded whatever it is also impossible for @deadliestrodent to prove as well we all know he pulls his information from the same hole unicorns drink from
Thank you , wherever would we go if we didn't have your negativity?

Dloks

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Feb 5, 2011
in a car
Thank you , wherever would we go if we didn't have your negativity?
There is no negativity from the hole that unicorns drink from Jason Bourne. Beside I wasn’t directing that at you I was clearly tagging @deadliestrodent69, evidently chixclub must’ve banned him and removed all his content from this site :duh:!

fishhead0103666

Alligator Gar
MFK Member
May 14, 2018
youtu.be
Why do I no longer get notifications for threads I’m watching? It’ll only show them for a while then I have to watch them manually.
Anyway how did it go from a catfish to snakes to dloks? If derailing threads was an olympic sport then I’d know a few people who’d get gold.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store