Wet pet in a community tank.

Serpentine

Piranha
MFK Member
May 17, 2018
Lovely fish as they are, I've never seen Acaras or Chocolate cichlid in my neck of the woods. Maybe it's me, Earth eaters look best in groups. How about a Red Severum? Or a Crenicichla?
Pike cichlids are murder machines. A severum might work though.

burntrubber

Piranha
MFK Member
Feb 5, 2010
Pike cichlids are murder machines. A severum might work though.
Man that sucks. I saw a red pike yesterday, it's like the red coupe you shouldn't buy.
And another LFS has a good sized GT with an nice hump on the head. It's in a tank with all sorts of shady characters like a police line up.

Serpentine

Piranha
MFK Member
May 17, 2018
Man that sucks. I saw a red pike yesterday, it's like the red coupe you shouldn't buy.
And another LFS has a good sized GT with an nice hump on the head. It's in a tank with all sorts of shady characters like a police line up.
Those red atabapos are gorgeous. They are super aggressive.

Isn't that the way it goes, though? The fish you find the most attractive are always the ones that turn out to be wrong for your tank in every way. I can't tell you how many fish I've gotten super excited about, looked up the info on them and then had my hopes utterly dashed.

CrazyPhishMan

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Feb 13, 2017
Massachusetts
What about true parrots- I find their behavior similar to chocolates but more colorful.
If the angels are adult sized, things change as they are alot sturdier than people give them credit for.

I may get flamed for this but redtail Giant gourami don’t get nearly the size of the other species- don’t bother small fish, are active responsive, easy to keep and is 100% a centerpiece fish.

burntrubber

Piranha
MFK Member
Feb 5, 2010
Thanks guys for the feedback, looks like I might get a red Sev or an Blue Acara if I'm lucky. My wife complained the tank looked dull. For those curious about the tank its here.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store