What’s going on with my flowerhorn?

blackwolf911

Polypterus
MFK Member
May 24, 2014
new york
Thanks for your help. Do you think if it’s a scratch that got infected would lead to the lethargic behaviour, all the faded color and no eating?
I don't think it would cause all that but just keep up with water changes maybe add some aquarium salt..anything wrong with the poo? No white stringy poo?

Mitchellhowell

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 17, 2018
Looks like a very small tank, no cover, so it will likely be very stressed from being so exposed. The very bright white sand would also encourage it to feel stressed and it might be fading to try to match it a bit.
It’s a 55 because I got her when she was smaller. I will be getting her a 120 as soon as I can find one. And there is a lid. One daylight bulb and one more blue soft bulb. She was extreamly happy for the past month and coloring up very well until 3 days ago.

Mitchellhowell

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 17, 2018
I also have a quarter of the tank blocked on the front and side and the entire back with bristle board and a large smooth rock so she can have a safe area. She was super friendly when I fed eating out of my hand and chasing my finger. Now nothing.

islandguy11

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Sep 17, 2017
Thailand
Can't say for sure it's causing your fish's particular problems but I don't think you'll ever see the full potential of your FH at only PH 6 -- should be min. PH 7 (or closer to around 8 even better) for best coloration and growth.

Mitchellhowell

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 17, 2018
Can't say for sure it's causing your fish's particular problems but I don't think you'll ever see the full potential of your FH at only PH 6 -- should be min. PH 7 (or closer to around 8 even better) for best coloration and growth.
I decided to remove the small patch of floating plants I put in a few days ago and she imidatly went to the surface and just kind of floats around on the top nose toward the surface. There’s a airstone running always and no ammonia or nitrite and only 2-3ppm nitrate. Not eating still. And now within the past two hours her pectoral fins are covered in white spots. Looks like fractures in the finrays. Haven’t seen her do anything wild. Just floating around not gasping

Hidan

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jan 4, 2018
Post pictures of the fish with the white spots.

If you didn't wash those plants in bleach or potasium permagnate, you may have introduced in an infection and the little guy may have ick.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store