What are you cooking today.

JAYBIRD1011

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Jun 5, 2017
Wilmington NC
My wife and I have gone Keto. It's a pretty big learning curve, finding out how to choose and make food. It's going pretty well though, so far anyway. Anyone else doing this?

Rtc/tsn

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Apr 22, 2021
Cincinnati
Been wanting fish again but only eat fresh caught. Today I caught what looks like a hybrid smallmouth but I’ll make a thread on that later. I got 2 decent fillets and wondering if anyone has any good recipes for fish Mac and cheese. Kind of like seafood Mac and cheese but with smallmouth instead

Ogertron3000

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Nov 6, 2017
Australia
My wife and I have gone Keto. It's a pretty big learning curve, finding out how to choose and make food. It's going pretty well though, so far anyway. Anyone else doing this?
My wife tried it but didnt stick with it as it was too restrictive, she has minimised carbs in her diet overall but shes just not too hardcore about it.
Her sister is full on Keto, its like shes joined some kind of cult, its pretty easy to get too caught up in it and lose the enjoyment of eating nice food i think.

Reactions: JAYBIRD1011

esoxlucius

Balaclava Bot Butcher
MFK Member
Dec 30, 2015
UK
its pretty easy to get too caught up in it and lose the enjoyment of eating nice food i think.
That's the problem right there, lol. Yes, there's loads of nice food to eat and enjoy, and absolutely nothing wrong with that, I love food. But if people live sedentary lifestyles, which the vast majority do, obesity levels in the western world prove this, then many go down the diet route which, like you say, just takes the enjoyment out of eating nice food. It's a vicious circle.

My take on it is a simple one. Eat what I want and enjoy it, and then go for a run or ride on my bike and beast myself. And repeat....lol.

JAYBIRD1011

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Jun 5, 2017
Wilmington NC
I hear you on that! But we've found some good things to eat. It's working for now. We will go to just low carb at some point. I get plenty of exercise on my job. (FedEx Driver)
But my wife was badly injured in a truck crash and is still limited in her ability to exercise. She can walk and get around well enough but not enough to matter weight wise. This was suggested by her doctor and I didn't want to make her go through it alone. It has almost backfired though. In 8 weeks, I've lost 35 lbs. She's lost like 12.
Kinda makes her mad a little. LOL!

esoxlucius

Balaclava Bot Butcher
MFK Member
Dec 30, 2015
UK
I hear you on that! But we've found some good things to eat. It's working for now. We will go to just low carb at some point. I get plenty of exercise on my job. (FedEx Driver)
But my wife was badly injured in a truck crash and is still limited in her ability to exercise. She can walk and get around well enough but not enough to matter weight wise. This was suggested by her doctor and I didn't want to make her go through it alone. It has almost backfired though. In 8 weeks, I've lost 35 lbs. She's lost like 12.
Kinda makes her mad a little. LOL!
That's tough on your wife, sorry to hear that, I hope she makes a full recovery.

It's good that you're supporting her in her diet, but probably not so good that you're losing more weight than her, lol.

JAYBIRD1011

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Jun 5, 2017
Wilmington NC
It's not necessarily bad. It depends on what you choose to eat for your fats. Carbs are the easiest thing for your body to burn for energy. So it keeps the fat that you eat, stored for leaner days. In keto, you deprive it of carbs and force it to burn the fat for energy. You just can't eat all animal fat, all the time. There are lots of healthier fats.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store