What are you cooking today.

Ogertron3000

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Nov 6, 2017
Australia
That's the problem right there, lol. Yes, there's loads of nice food to eat and enjoy, and absolutely nothing wrong with that, I love food. But if people live sedentary lifestyles, which the vast majority do, obesity levels in the western world prove this, then many go down the diet route which, like you say, just takes the enjoyment out of eating nice food. It's a vicious circle.

My take on it is a simple one. Eat what I want and enjoy it, and then go for a run or ride on my bike and beast myself. And repeat....lol.
I hear you on that! But we've found some good things to eat. It's working for now. We will go to just low carb at some point. I get plenty of exercise on my job. (FedEx Driver)
But my wife was badly injured in a truck crash and is still limited in her ability to exercise. She can walk and get around well enough but not enough to matter weight wise. This was suggested by her doctor and I didn't want to make her go through it alone. It has almost backfired though. In 8 weeks, I've lost 35 lbs. She's lost like 12.
Kinda makes her mad a little. LOL!
If it helps to go Keto I am all for it, it sounds like a good idea for your wife, hope it works for her.
Personally I find the people that go full keto can get a bit fanatical going on about toxins in bread and such things. It gets a bit out of hand when someone I knew accidentally ate some cake he thought was gluten free and then had to take 2 days of work as he was “poisoned by the ingredients “ and his body “went into shock” I could only imagine what his boss thought when he got that call......
I try to eat balanced unprocessed foods during the week and then indulge a bit on the weekends, that and a bit of excercise and I can still wear my wedding suit from 2013 comfortably

Reactions: JAYBIRD1011

JAYBIRD1011

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Jun 5, 2017
Wilmington NC
If it helps to go Keto I am all for it, it sounds like a good idea for your wife, hope it works for her.
Personally I find the people that go full keto can get a bit fanatical going on about toxins in bread and such things. It gets a bit out of hand when someone I knew accidentally ate some cake he thought was gluten free and then had to take 2 days of work as he was “poisoned by the ingredients “ and his body “went into shock” I could only imagine what his boss thought when he got that call......
I try to eat balanced unprocessed foods during the week and then indulge a bit on the weekends, that and a bit of excercise and I can still wear my wedding suit from 2013 comfortably
Yeah, not fanatical about anything! We've already made plans for Olive Garden next weekend. We've been doing so well, it's time for a reward.

kno4te

MFK Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
MFK Member
Dec 24, 2005
USA
Some July 4th grilling.893B7A38-CC72-49DC-B78A-8F65CDC34582.jpeg

• Love
Reactions: Caveden and Rtc/tsn

Rtc/tsn

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Apr 22, 2021
Cincinnati
I had flank ? marinated in a secret sauce. Magic ingredients are Coca Cola and honey, believe it or not
I was gonna cook some fresh caught saugeye, white bass and striper and largemouth but forgot the cooking stuff at camp lol. Had frisches instead and might make rice and spaghetti O’s lol. Steak sounds amazing right now

Reactions: The Masked Shadow

The Masked Shadow

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Jul 19, 2020
Southern California (San Diego)
I was gonna cook some fresh caught saugeye, white bass and striper and largemouth but forgot the cooking stuff at camp lol. Had frisches instead and might make rice and spaghetti O’s lol. Steak sounds amazing right now
Spaghetti O’s are as good as steak!

• Haha
Reactions: Rtc/tsn

Rtc/tsn

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Apr 22, 2021
Cincinnati
Freshly caught Barracuda tonight!
Always heard barracuda was a trash fish, that and that at a certain size I think they’re poisonous or something. Next time you have a chance to fish freshwater I suggest keeping some fish and frying it up. Even bluegill taste amazing but then you find out there’s walleye, sauger and saugeye and it makes bluegill look like frozen chicken nuggets compared to the meat of walleye and those fish.

Reactions: The Masked Shadow

The Masked Shadow

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Jul 19, 2020
Southern California (San Diego)
Always heard barracuda was a trash fish, that and that at a certain size I think they’re poisonous or something. Next time you have a chance to fish freshwater I suggest keeping some fish and frying it up. Even bluegill taste amazing but then you find out there’s walleye, sauger and saugeye and it makes bluegill look like frozen chicken nuggets compared to the meat of walleye and those fish.
When cooked right, they’re delicious. The meat is quite slimey. Not the best kind, but its dinner! I caught little 2-3 pound Calico Bass, but they need to be a certain length to keep, plus we probably have 20 pounds of calico Bass in our freezer. Bluegill is great.

Reactions: Rtc/tsn
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store