What color background to get?

Mr.kelberi

Candiru
MFK Member
Dec 9, 2016
I kind of wanted to cover up all my wiring and tubing on my tank. At least from the front since it is in my living room. I was thinking either black or blue since it is extremely tough to find anything else with 30" height. Unless you guys have some recommendations.

Here is what my tank looks like right now.

Ignore the OTB and the marineland heater, m most likely going to be removing both sooner then later.

What do you guys think would look best? Black, blue, or suck it up and use the off white wall to my benefit?

M@T!@$

Aimara
MFK Member
Feb 23, 2016
Vancouver
I kind of wanted to cover up all my wiring and tubing on my tank. At least from the front since it is in my living room. I was thinking either black or blue since it is extremely tough to find anything else with 30" height. Unless you guys have some recommendations.

Here is what my tank looks like right now.

Ignore the OTB and the marineland heater, m most likely going to be removing both sooner then later.

What do you guys think would look best? Black, blue, or suck it up and use the off white wall to my benefit?
I would say do a black background

virgil2090

Polypterus
MFK Member
Aug 29, 2011
NJ
You could try grey,or slate color....maybe paint a insulating sheet or cardboard and try a few colors temporary

Wiggie

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Feb 5, 2017
Charlotte, NC
U can always use fabric to get the exact shape and measurements u want. They will cut it for u at the fabric store (Joann's). That is if u don't mind sticking small Velcro strips onto back frame of tank. I have done this with a tall tank, used black fabric, and used the Velcro to hold in place from the top. Looked nice. I usually paint my tanks but fabric is a good temporary option.

brent245

Piranha
MFK Member
Dec 1, 2009
Arizona
I've used a window frosting spray on my previous tanks with black sand bottoms. It looks very nice. Do a couple coats of the frosting. The only downside is it is semi-transparent so you may see shadows of cords and hoses behind it. It may be wise to put a white piece of thin foam board behind it to block any light passing through. I liked it because it almost looks like a fog instead of a solid white background.

Black sand with black background is just too dark.

0308151926b.jpg

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store