What do you get if you win POTM or TOTM?

esoxlucius

Alligator Gar
MFK Member
Dec 30, 2015
UK
lol, me too… I got the one bronze camera but am due for the x2 bronze camera for a second potm that I got. Kind of takes a little excitement out of it all with the trophies not being awarded out.
I hereby award DMD123 DMD123 their second bronze camera. See, I should be in charge of dishing the awards out. That way everyone would get what's due to them, lol.

Congratulations!

0050148_bronze-camera-and-film-handmade-metal-trophy.jpeg

kno4te

MFK Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
MFK Member
Dec 24, 2005
USA
Sorry guys. Have a feeling itll be a while before the awards stuff get sorted out.

Lepisosteus

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
May 20, 2014
Ontario, Canada
I was in talks with a few admins at a certain point to create awards for the winners of TOTM, POTM and yearly winners. We were meant to do a test run this year but never heard back. Was going to be engraved plaques made from acrylic.

hopefully we can get something going soon. My idea was to laser engrave the winning photo onto glass with an acrylic plaque below with:

MFK TOTM/TOTY/POTM/POTY WINNER
USERNAME
DATE

Would have some arowanas/stingrays etc floating around the plaque like the older post cards

esoxlucius

Alligator Gar
MFK Member
Dec 30, 2015
UK
I was in talks with a few admins at a certain point to create awards for the winners of TOTM, POTM and yearly winners.
This sounds like a great idea, you probably have lots of acrylic offcuts from your builds. You'd be putting them to good use. So long as the site reimbursed you for the cost of sending them all over the world!

I think the momentum for change is starting. A few people are asking questions, enquiring about awards and such. It's an issue that can't be shoved under the carpet for much longer.

I was under the impression some time ago that young Hendre Hendre was being groomed to eventually take over the reins from chicx. I don't know what time frame we have on that, or indeed if it's practical for him to do it at the moment, bearing in mind he's working his ass off at uni to secure a good career path for himself.

Reactions: Hendre

Hendre

Bawitius
Staff member
MFK Member
Jan 14, 2016
South Africa
Chic has not been in contact for some time, and Li has been quite busy IRL. So unfortunately no award givers now, will chat to the other staff and see what we can come up with :D

esoxlucius

Alligator Gar
MFK Member
Dec 30, 2015
UK
Chic has not been in contact for some time, and Li has been quite busy IRL. So unfortunately no award givers now, will chat to the other staff and see what we can come up with :D
I haven't got a clue how the behind the scenes situation works with the awards.

I know that a member chooses another member for an award and then voting starts from that point. If the evidence stacks up that they deserve said award then it is awarded.

The actual voting part is easy, everyone on the forum can add their bit as to why or why not the award is justified. So once that point is reached that the evidence is overwhelming and it is confirmed that the award will be given (we're at that point now with God knows how many members), then what happens next?

Do Chicx or Li just log in to the site, enter a unique password, and press a button to give the member their shiny camera or whatever it is?

I can't see it being any more difficult than that surely, in which case any man and his dog, with the unique password of course, can get access to the awards section.

We have dozens of trusted mods, do we really need the admin for awards?

Reactions: Fishman Dave

Hendre

Bawitius
Staff member
MFK Member
Jan 14, 2016
South Africa
It is something only admins can currently do, specifically Chic ran it. Will get back to you guys

Reactions: DMD123 and Jexnell

aliadamm

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Nov 14, 2022
Someone tried at some point to figure it out and post it, he was never heard from again. Coincidence? I not so sure....

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store