What do you think???

tokyogasmask

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 1, 2009
Japan
Hi.
My LFS guy called me tonight asking if I would like a 40cm Black Arowana that a customer can no longer keep due to moving home.

I would love to take it, but the only place to put it is in a 300gal with many Bichirs and a 25-30cm Silver Arowana.

I am worried about the 2 Arowanas having problems.
The Silver has been in the tank for a while so I guess it will get major territorial?
What do you guys think?

classic-chassis

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Mar 2, 2008
Thailand
It might be fine, if they fight you could put a divider in until they like each other.
Just let the LFS know you'll take it but if you have too many problems it'll have to go back. If they're cool with that then go for it, if not then don't take it unless you know someone who can take it off your hands if it all goes pear shaped.

lungfishlover

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 25, 2010
UK
classic-chassis;4659054; said:
It might be fine, if they fight you could put a divider in until they like each other.
Just let the LFS know you'll take it but if you have too many problems it'll have to go back. If they're cool with that then go for it, if not then don't take it unless you know someone who can take it off your hands if it all goes pear shaped.
100% agree - the black is larger which is what you want - people say blacks are fragile but ask bderick - hell tell you his blacks ae more aggro than his silvers. i say go for it!

Majinn

Candiru
MFK Member
May 30, 2009
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
i say go for it.

Bderick67

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Aug 18, 2006
Colorado
You'll never know unless you try it. With that being said, you'd better have a divider ready and a plan if things go bad.

electric enigma

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Oct 30, 2010
Malaysia
arowana is a fish that is not suitable for beginners. The fish need at least a 150 gallons tank to adequately keep them. they also require an excellent filter such as an external canister filter. they're also an excellent jumper, so you need a tight fitting aquarium hood with no escape hole to keep them.

these fish are really aggressive so you should not put 2 arowanas in one tank. however, keeping them in group of 6-10 are good(but you might need a super large tank for that) as the aggressiveness tend to be subdued.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store