What does this look like to you

petspoiler

Piranha
MFK Member
Jan 7, 2011
rural Calif.
The main reason for the varied replies is because its a picture. If I was there in person with my test kit I could tell you the actual nitrate reading (well as acurate as the kit actually is)
LOL. I super hope you could.
Still= same pic, different readings. People often see the same colors quite differently from each other.
:-o
Our POOR fish!

NVHC651

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Nov 9, 2010
CA
[video=youtube_share;loZrvVnr-yU]http://youtu.be/loZrvVnr-yU[/video]

BigCountry

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 6, 2009
Charlotte, NC
I would take that as between 40-60ppm.
/this

The red is too light for 80-100.

And yes those API tests suck.....they are full of Jedi mind tricks..lol

dxdx

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Jan 26, 2010
NJ, USA
In this picture, the majority of the tube is shaded. The lower right corner looks to be against a white background and is the best representation of the color. Saturating the image, and lowering the brightness can give a more distinct view. I still say this is over 100...

kit.jpg

kit.jpg

Gill Blue

Piranha
MFK Member
Apr 28, 2011
michigan
as of the picture you posted, you don't need one, you need a better maintenance program. trying to determine if it's 60 or 80 or 100 doesn't really matter, because they are all too high.

1bigdovii

Blue Tier VIP
MFK Member
Mar 1, 2012
Virginia
as of the picture you posted, you don't need one, you need a better maintenance program. trying to determine if it's 60 or 80 or 100 doesn't really matter, because they are all too high.
+1

Sent from my SCH-I500 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

petspoiler

Piranha
MFK Member
Jan 7, 2011
rural Calif.
Completely true.
*but all color-shaded water tests are 100% subject to the viewer interpreting them accurately. Many people can't see what the actual shades are at the lower ends. Any point along the spectrums can be problematic, and it's the fish who pay.
I want digital. LOL.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store