What happen to that Great White in captivity

CentralMayhem

MONSTER FISH EATER
MFK Member
Mar 30, 2005
San Diego, California
none, but how long could it have stayed and continued to live a healthy life. i mean sure we have all killed fish at one time or another, but im sure PETA would freak if they killed poor JAWS. but im with you guys. id have sacrificed the room and the tankmates to see just how long i could keep him for.

sandtiger

Captain Planet
MFK Member
Feb 14, 2005
NY
They had plans to release the shark long before it even ate the tankmates. There plan is to just keep getting babies and then letting them go. The shark's nose was badly beatup from rubbing against objects in the tank due to the electrical impulses they gave off. I personally am glad they let it go when they did, any longer and the shark may have damanged it's snout beyond repair and suffered greatly when released. White sharks don't survive in the captivity for a reason. As for the tankmates....for a public aquarium to keep other shark species with the white is not responsable and cruel IMO. Sure the white shark is cooler to most people but MBA should have moved the soupfins to another tank, the soupfins are just as much a part of the exibit as the white. Other aquariums don't let their orcas eat their seals and dolphins just because the orca is more attractive to the public.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store