What happens when you guys tell strangers about your tank?

crenicichla444

Polypterus
MFK Member
Apr 24, 2013
Michigan
They don't understand, I put a lot of time , effort money and love into my tank and fish.for a lot of people they want entertainment that's instant ,easy and requires little effort. They don't understand the aspect of it being a very rewarding hobby on the personal level
that it is on
Sent from my SGH-T999 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App
Rt

blackghostknife

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Sep 24, 2010
Hammond, Louisiana
I started keeping fish in the eight grade, I'm now a college sophmore. In high school I was teased for it all the time. But I didn't care, I loved my bgk and my other exotics. Don't go changing for nobody.

Oddballfanatic

Candiru
MFK Member
Jul 19, 2012
Hawaii
A lot of people give me a hard time because I put my fish before my social life. I don't go out with my friends much but when I see my fish alive, healthy and beautiful before I go to sleep, I know that my time was well spent.

Sent from my iPad using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

rayguy84

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 26, 2013
pennsylvania
People think im bat**** crazy for having a 375 and a 120 in my living room one with rays the other rbp.......the THOUSANDS of dollars I've invested........the time I devote to it..........but watching my family enjoy them everyday, the learning experience it is for the kids and the sheer beauty of happy healthy fish makes it all worth it but most strangers don't quite understand that

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

kqui9357

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 20, 2013
Rialto
Lol my friends dont say anything but I can see it in their face that its weird :p My little brothers friends come over and ask questions and since I can answer them my brother calls me "fish scientist" while my family laughs

Sent from my SGH-T999L using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

Jnfergu2

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 12, 2014
Huntington, Indiana
I really dont share too much with too many strangers. But when new people hear about my tank their general reaction is "what?". When they see it though the reaction I have gotten 90% of the time is either "wow" or "how much would it cost me to get the same set up?". A couple months ago a friend of mine brought her grandkids over. The school had an end of school paper of "the pet I want" and he did his on Polyterus Palmas Palmas... :)

tlindsey

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Aug 6, 2011
Ohio
IMO sustaining aquatic life in your home is a special gift, I get mixed reactions but do not care what others think about my fishkeeping hobby.:)

orionxtr

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
May 10, 2010
erie pa
They ask me if I have salt water tanks when I say no people look at me like I am dumb I don't think some people know that there is a lot of rare fresh water fish

Sent from my HTCONE using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store