What has happened to my frontosa.Pls help

Sumit Panigrahy

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jun 2, 2016
From last one week my fronyosa stopped eating and was somewhat dull.today when i saw him he acted wierdly and when i observed closely i saw something like white wool growing out of his hump and his right eye seemed little poped. I immidiately quarentined him to a separate tank and applied anti fungal and anti bacterial and also added salt. He is very weak as he is not eating.

Someone pls help what should i do so that he eats and also advice anything else that i can do. Below are pictures of him for referenceimage.jpeg image.jpeg

Angelphish

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Dec 13, 2015
Georgia
From that picture it does. I'm not an expert on all of the fish diseases. I know just the basic ones and some of the most common symptoms of them. Hopefully someone with more knowledge about disease and treatment will pitch in.

Reactions: Sumit Panigrahy

wild bill

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Apr 4, 2010
three hills,ab. canada
sites.google.com
You should probably treat him withtetra cycline not sure how to spell it. However the bulging eye is from a secondary infection due to the injury. Were there sharp rocks in the main tank as front's are dumb around them. Continue what youare doing along with water changes and look for some tetra cycline.
I think you can find it at an fush store.

Sumit Panigrahy

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jun 2, 2016
You should probably treat him withtetra cycline not sure how to spell it. However the bulging eye is from a secondary infection due to the injury. Were there sharp rocks in the main tank as front's are dumb around them. Continue what youare doing along with water changes and look for some tetra cycline.
I think you can find it at an fush store.
Yeah there were many lava rocks there i guess he injured himself . Should i ise tetracycline along with antifungal?Also do i need to reapply medication after regular water change ?

predatorkeeper87

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Sep 8, 2014
pennsylvania
I would keep water changes up, add salt, do a methylene blue dip bath for 30 minutes (follow instruction on bottle, all the ones I've seen are spot on with treatment time) and use a broad spectrum treatment, I'd honestly suggest either paraguard or one of the tetra brand broad spectrums.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store