What IS a BD?

siluk

Gambusia
MFK Member
Sep 28, 2007
UK
shadow7;4199500; said:
That was a lousy pic taken, didn't do any justice to the beautiful ray. The giant hole u saw is caused by a combination of moving water, air bubbles and light reflections...
What i was trying to say in my previous post is that not all BDs has belly spottings IMO, i say so because of all the BDs i have kept before not all has belly spottings and i'm pretty sure that what i kept are not normal leos but Black Diamonds.
I think its up to the owner and buyer to decide about the belly spottings.
Some say its a must and some say no. At the end everybody wins.:)

SpeshulEd

Fire Eel
MFK Member
csx4236;4199297; said:
:drool:Wow amazing BD pups there, honestly I have never even heard of 3-2-1 spotting before.
Sorry I stole your photo, it just happened to be the easiest one to find with the example of the 3-2-1 I could find.

Apparently I made the 3-2-1 thing up. It does seem to apply to some BD's though, as both of the rays in the photo have it.

Again, sorry for stealing your photo.

csx4236

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jul 25, 2006
USA
SpeshulEd;4199722; said:
Sorry I stole your photo, it just happened to be the easiest one to find with the example of the 3-2-1 I could find.

Apparently I made the 3-2-1 thing up. It does seem to apply to some BD's though, as both of the rays in the photo have it.

Again, sorry for stealing your photo.

No worries man not a problem at all, but i will say 3-2-1 thing did work with these pups.

T1KARMANN

Giant Snakehead
MFK Member
Sep 19, 2005
London UK
all im saying is

if i were paying £2k+ for a ray i would want it to have ALL of the traits that go with the ray im buying

i go back to dats again if i was buying a ST i would want it to have ST tail stripes not IT tail stripes it may well be ST but for me it would need to have everything that makes it a true ST

i would want to know 100% that that fish is what i paid for

So much mixing going on in Asia it wont be long before we have no idea what we are buying

Rayfan

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 14, 2008
UT
Put a leo besides a BD, you will be able to tell immediately.
Firstly, the darkness and the whiteness.
Secondly the spottings, including the eyes spottings and the 3 layers of circumference roundings.
Thirdly, you may want to look for underbelly and blue eyes.

With one glance, first and second points can tell. Third point is reinforcement.

Rayfan

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 14, 2008
UT
That piece mentioned without underbelly spottings is a BD. The two pups are not.

csx4236

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jul 25, 2006
USA
Rayfan;4201586; said:
That piece mentioned without underbelly spottings is a BD. The two pups are not.

Ok so please tell us why the two pups are not BD? Since both parents are very good quality BD lets hear your explanation? If you say cause of body color and spot color they are newborn pups and every leopoldi I have ever seen in person when born has some brown to body and yellow to the spots. So these pups below are not BD also? These are over month old and two posted earlier were few hours old when pictures were taken.

R 025 BD M 13.jpg

R 027 BD F 10.jpg

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store