What is in the box?

GiantFishKeeper101

Blue Tier VIP
MFK Member
Apr 23, 2017
The "Lithodoras" label comes from the supplier, same goes in my country. A while back when Suriname shipment brought in, these Platydoras sp are labelled such that.

At first discussion in the group CotW, it was id-ed as Platydoras sp "shallow scute" but then Mark Henry Sabaj chimed in, that it is probably Platydoras helicophilus from the Maroni River (on which the species was described).

koltsixx

Global Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
MFK Member
Feb 13, 2007
Bronx, NYC
I dont think it was me, the Shallow scutes from aqua imports are not costatus they are https://www.planetcatfish.com/common/species.php?species_id=7480
My apologies I mistyped. I was looking at the Planetcatfish link you provided and had jumped from it to costatus profile because in the general remarks of Maroni it says "Possibly P. helicophilus, which is currently considered a synonym of P. costatus, but may be distinct from P. costatus. (Arce et al., 2013) also identified an undescribed Platydoras in the Maroni." so transcribed costatus by accident.

I just scrolled through FB and I imagine it's you because they used the same pics you used in this thread and used pics you used for your Synodontis Granulosus in another post on FB in Catfish of the World and are also from your area according to they're FB. I don't mention the name only because I know some people prefer anonymity. I will repeat again my apologies for transcribing incorrectly as the FB poster had ID'ed the cat as Maroni to me. As I said a conclusion I had also reached but I confused myself here by jumping back and forth between the profiles on Planetcatfish as them being possible synonyms.

thebiggerthebetter

Senior Curator
Staff member
MFK Member
Dec 31, 2009
Naples, FL, USA
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store