what is the best price you've ever seen on a fish?

jonah h2o

Candiru
MFK Member
Aug 2, 2016
san diego California
what is the best price you've seen, my LFS has tons of great prices

http://www.petzonesd.com/l018-golden-nugget-pleco-large-spot/

I've seen an adult golden nugget for 250 at another store!

just saying anyone looking for rare fish check pet zone out!! not advertising, but the first time I walked into their store I was shocked by the selection compared to other local stores.

I would have liked to post somewhere else but this was kind of the only place.

jonah h2o

Candiru
MFK Member
Aug 2, 2016
san diego California
the best price ive seen on a fish was at walmart. a friend of mine bought a 3in arowana that was mistaken for a 6$ african cichlid, lol.
if it lived (unlikely at that size & from Walmart) than that was a sick deal

Reactions: GamerChick5567

M@T!@$

Aimara
MFK Member
Feb 23, 2016
Vancouver
2 Paroon Sharks, they were regularly for sale for $55 each, got them when my lfs had a sale

Got both for $40

Went on to sell both when selling my tank

Also a 10"-11" black ghost knife for $15

Got some vids of them-

fishnatics

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Mar 1, 2008
Wisconsin
Best price I've seen was at a mom and pop pet store. Bought a jardini arrowana that was labeled as a silver arrowana for only $18!! The owner insisted that it was a silver so I wasn't gonna argue. After I bought it I showed him a pic of what a silver looks like. Should've seen his face expression. It was priceless

jonah h2o

Candiru
MFK Member
Aug 2, 2016
san diego California
2 Paroon Sharks, they were regularly for sale for $55 each, got them when my lfs had a sale

oh dude I can beat that, a local guy was giving 2 large paroon sharks away for free

Best price I've seen was at a mom and pop pet store. Bought a jardini arrowana that was labeled as a silver arrowana for only $18!! The owner insisted that it was a silver so I wasn't gonna argue. After I bought it I showed him a pic of what a silver looks like. Should've seen his face expression. It was priceless
dude thats awesome!!!!I bet he was pissed, but than again he probably didn't even know how much it was worth

jonah h2o

Candiru
MFK Member
Aug 2, 2016
san diego California
he must have looked it up bc now they have a price

GamerChick5567

Dovii
MFK Member
Nov 1, 2016
Tustin, CA
the best price ive seen on a fish was at walmart. a friend of mine bought a 3in arowana that was mistaken for a 6$ african cichlid, lol.
That was one lucky little fella. Walmart is a hell for fish. I refuse to shop there now.

I once saw a huge rtc (like almost 3ft) for like 25 bucks at an lfs. I woulda got him if I had the space haha. I think they had a nearly full sized jaguar cichlid too for about 20.

Craigslist cichilds, .50 cent fry, $2 juveniles.
That's how I got my frontosa and choco pleco (rehomed a big common too) for free when I went to get a big free male convict ahahaha. Oh and of course the mesoheros atromaculatus I have, paid 25 to rescue them and a gibbiceps pleco with the baby common goldfish (only 2 golds survived, poor dudes were all crammed in there together like wtf). That 10 gallon is now a betta tank in the fiance's office too.

Reactions: Deadliestviper7
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store