What is your biggest pet peeve about your LFS?

The camaro show

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Apr 13, 2017
I bought my uaru at 4 inches for 60 dollars and he's now 7-8 inches so idk what they go for at that size my bgk was 2 inches for 45 and he's 7 inches my large angels are 50 each and my smaller ones are 30 and my roselines I bought 5 years ago I payed 30 for and they are now full grown 5 years old my keyholes I payed 7 dollars for but I did go to a fish auction this past weekend and pick up 6 Congo tetras for 30 and some syndomtis luptdois but these syndomtis were breed for low ph so that's why I got them and i love them so much

Reactions: AquaAlex1993

Hendre

Bawitius
Staff member
MFK Member
Jan 14, 2016
South Africa
Yikes. A 3" BGK is under $10 here...

From the store my 70s stock was $50...

Stanzzzz7

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Sep 26, 2015
Uk
My 210 has 20 metynnis lippincotianus
3 chalceus some heros and a reticulated ray. I don't think my stock came to as much as that.
I'm going by the prices I paid not what they are worth now they have grown,that seems redundant in this debate.

Reactions: AquaAlex1993

Hendre

Bawitius
Staff member
MFK Member
Jan 14, 2016
South Africa
I bought my uaru at 4 inches for 60 dollars and he's now 7-8 inches so idk what they go for at that size my bgk was 2 inches for 45 and he's 7 inches my large angels are 50 each and my smaller ones are 30 and my roselines I bought 5 years ago I payed 30 for and they are now full grown 5 years old my keyholes I payed 7 dollars for but I did go to a fish auction this past weekend and pick up 6 Congo tetras for 30 and some syndomtis luptdois but these syndomtis were breed for low ph so that's why I got them and i love them so much
All in a 90?

Stanzzzz7

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Sep 26, 2015
Uk
I have about 900 dollars of stock if not more
Buy my maths you have only been there 4 times and on each of those 4 visits you have lost a fish.
Your not really selling this high end over priced shop to me. Then again I'm just a poor working class guy not a pro footballer so guess I would not be welcome.
Is this the same shop that told you all those fish would be fine in your 90 gallon?
I don't mean to be confrontational it's just what your saying just doesn't add up.

Reactions: MrsE88 and Hendre
A

AquaAlex1993

The uaru price is standard, larger uaru can go from anywhere from 40 to 60, so that's a fair price. Nice, that's awesome that he is growing nice and big for you.
Wow, $45 for a 2'' BGK! Holy ****! They are 15 to 30 bucks for 2'' to 5''up here.
The angelfish are ridiculously overpriced... if they are altums or wild scalare angelfish, then maybe I can justify that price.
Good price on the congos.

My 210 has 20 metynnis lippincotianus
3 chalceus some heros and a reticulated ray. I don't think my stock came to as much as that.
I'm going by the prices I paid not what they are worth now they have grown,that seems redundant in this debate.
I love the metynnis lippincotianus! I have 3 myself, may eventually add a few more once I move them to a bigger home.
The chalceus and heros are nice.

Reactions: Zanson

kewpiefishypewpie

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Jan 21, 2016
no wet pets and you get what you pay for, Ill drop about $200-$300 on a trip up and im very happy I avg one lost fish every 4 visits and i will go up maybe every 2 months, now when i say i have a 5k setup you will believe me. They have done tanks for alot of the steelers and pirates.
You're really representing Pittsburgh's famous blue collar attitude with all this bragging

Reactions: Stanzzzz7
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store