What kind of Peacock's are these?

JESTERX626

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Jul 24, 2005
http://images.google.com/imgres?img...2&gbv=2&ndsp=21&svnum=100&hl=en&safe=off&sa=N

I saw a peacock that looked like the first pic, with pinks, yellows, and black blotches. I didnt realize it was a peacock until the owner told me so, because most peacocks are ugly in color, that one I saw really stood out from the rest and had a bunch of multi-colors, now I might be interested in africans for once after that one caught my eye:)

Can anyone tell me more about those type of peacocks?

fish head )'>

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 18, 2006
S.E. Michigan
first of all, peacocks are not ugly. you just have not been enlightened.:D
those are male "OB" peacocks. males tend to be the colorful ones with the peacocks. you should really check them out.
They say: once you go African, you never go back.:ROFL:

JESTERX626

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Jul 24, 2005
fish head )'>;917373; said:
first of all, peacocks are not ugly. you just have not been enlightened.:D
those are male "OB" peacocks. males tend to be the colorful ones with the peacocks. you should really check them out.
They say: once you go African, you never go back.:ROFL:
Yea sorry for sounding harsh. It's just that the looks of all the peacocks I've seen doesn't suit my tastes, is all. But those OB peacocks sure look damn good imo. I'd take one of those over a hybrid fh anyday. Where can I look for to purchase these? How much does one usually run, can anyone guesstimate?

santoury

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Dec 8, 2006
Massachusetts
Hybrids with mbuna?????? Is this true? They don't look it. I thought they were simply a peacock hybrid.

fish head )'>

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 18, 2006
S.E. Michigan
I do not see too many nice ones at the LFS. You may need to do word of mouth in the fish world of local breeders or online.
BTW: no offense taken, you were just trying to ruffle some (peacock) feathers!;)

JESTERX626

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Jul 24, 2005
fish head )'>;917409; said:
I do not see too many nice ones at the LFS. You may need to do word of mouth in the fish world of local breeders or online.
BTW: no offense taken, you were just trying to ruffle some (peacock) feathers!;)
LOL, I wonder how many peacock jokes you got.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store