What puffer is this?

Def Leppard Hysteria

Piranha
MFK Member
Jul 17, 2005
Omaha, NE
What snails do you guys feed your Congo puffers? I've read that ramshorn snails shells are too hard and can actually damage their teeth.
Ramshorn shells are not too hard for a puffer. Trumpet snails have a much harder shell, IMHO. I'm looking at picking up a schoutedeni in the next few weeks. Already have all the live food it'll ever need, since we have a fahaka already. Will be nice having a community puffer that stays fairly small.

Reactions: magpie

magpie

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Jun 4, 2016
Oregon
Yeah ramshorn are fine!

I also feed mine baby MTS. They are the hard snails that can supposedly break their teeth but mine eats the tiny ones without issue. I have them in my 65 and my betta tank so I pick the small ones out for him because they're free. Ramshorns are cheap though - some people get them for free but my LFS x2 charge 10 cents for each. I'm wanting to work on a ramshorn breeding tank in my betta tank - we'll see if that works.

I'm jealous that you can get them at a cheaper price. Maybe you should get 2!!

lobowind

Gambusia
MFK Member
May 11, 2017
New Mexico
I'd definitely get 2. Easier to start with them together then to add a new one at a later time.

What fish do you already have in your 20L?

Reactions: magpie

magpie

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Jun 4, 2016
Oregon
Nice! Will you tag me in it so I know when it's up? Thanks and congrats!

Mine got the 20 long upgrade over the weekend. Both of us are happy about it. (He's in the bottom 1/3 right of the tank.) still need to tweak it and get a new light as well as get the background set up.

image.jpeg

Last edited:
Reactions: kewpiefishypewpie
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store