What to get???

Jeffrey P

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Feb 19, 2007
Manassas VA
I am looking for suggestions on what fish to add to my tank. I have a 150 gallon tank which houses a 11" M. GT, 10" M. Lyonsi and a 8" F. Bleekeri. I had a M. Briedohri in with these fish and he went postal on my Lyonsi so he's out. (Matt - he your's-left you a message-give me a call). I recently tried a nice big male JD and he pounded my GT into submission and nearly tore his entire top lip off in the first 1/2 hour.

My GT is your typical GT - all bark and no bite. The Lyonsi and Bleekeri are pretty laid back.

Any suggestions?????

santoury

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Dec 8, 2006
Massachusetts
Nicaraguense would be gorgeous in there! So would a Pearsei

ewok

Fire Eel
MFK Member
May 25, 2007
Undisclosed Location in SOCAL
i'm going to say keep your set up as it is. you have some fairly large fish insider there already. they also have a good balance going on in terms of territories and aggression. i wouldn't do anything to destablize that. if anything, maybe get a mid size pleco or some large silver dollars.

Cross127

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Dec 16, 2006
CT
DrZacharyus;1060149; said:
get a Red Tiger Mota and some Festae
Yeah sure because that will work :screwy:. The Mota and festae would destroy his fish and would be overstocked. I say add a Nic or Oscar and call it a day. Or get some bottom dwellers like some smaller pim cats and such.

cookiemonster

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Mar 17, 2007
Washington
I'm a big fan of salvini. You could try a texas, but they get pretty aggressive, so I don't know if that would work. Also, caquetaia spectabilis are beautiful fish, if you can find one.

bigspizz

Polypterus
MFK Member
Apr 20, 2007
Do a school of pink cons. or maybe some other target/dithers and try another large C/A male....I don't think you are overstocked either fyi....

ewok

Fire Eel
MFK Member
May 25, 2007
Undisclosed Location in SOCAL
bigspizz;1060722; said:
Do a school of pink cons. or maybe some other target/dithers and try another large C/A male....I don't think you are overstocked either fyi....
i don't think convict cichlids come in schools... :screwy:

his cichlids are pretty large and fairly aggressive. they might not look it now since they obviously found some balance in the tank, but adding something else, especially another large C/A male cichlid isn't going to bode well.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store