What to stock in my 55 gal? Please vote :)

What fish should I put in my 55gal?

• GT

Votes: 19 32.8%
  • Pair JD

Votes: 18 31.0%
  • Other (Please tell me which and why)

Votes: 21 36.2%

• Total voters

fishnoob

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
May 21, 2004
Martin,TN
I have a 55 gal and can't upgrade anytime soon so I need a fish/fishes that won't need a bigger tank. So please vote and post and tell me why you picked what you did. thanks

convict94

Candiru
MFK Member
Sep 11, 2007
detroit, Mi
maybe some poly's like some upper jaw species such as delhezi, senegal, etc...or another thought of mine was breeding some geo's like g.brasiliensis or g.aaltifrons both af these are very pretty fish and if you want to retail these fish you can get some $$ for them easy...or 1 last thought was for you to do a complete african setup but obviously you want SA/CA because of the forum choice you picked.

ChrisH

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Nov 21, 2007
newfoundland, Canada
A 55 is enough for one jd you may get away with just the pair and thats it but it hink if i was gonna get just one fish or a pair of jack dempseys id choose the gt probably because they r beautiful fish and i just think havin two big fish liek jds that can reach 11 inches would just be a lil bit worrysome and with oen gt maybe ou could put a smaller gorwing pleco or soemthing liek that instead of squeezing that in with two other fish that will also get very aggressive when breeding.

fishguts

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Aug 5, 2007
pennsylvania
i say a female festae with some smaller growing bichirs. maybe a couple africans as well if your into them.

ChrisH

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Nov 21, 2007
newfoundland, Canada
yeah i probably would if it was them or nothign pick the jd's
But i woudlnt put anythign int here with them if it was me.

fishnoob

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
May 21, 2004
Martin,TN
Thanks to all for the opinions so far. And if I got a gt or pair jd it would be just a gt or just the pair of jd and nothing more. Just to clear that up.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store