What type of flowerhorn to get?

Magnus_Bane

Dovii
MFK Member
Jan 26, 2020
Canton SD
Personally I prefer long body over short when it comes to FH's. Short bodies remind me too much of BP's and if I wanted a short balloon of a fish I'd probably get a parrot again. Been thinking of trying fine polar parrots again at some point. Granted there are some very nice looking short body FH's out there, I know JSpilo has one I wouldn't mind having lol.

JSpilo

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Dec 7, 2016
Maryland
I really liked that one. Why not try a longer body next time.
My tank isn't wide enough, and my wife forbids me from getting a new tank unfortunately, so I'd have stick with short bodied. Where our tank is placed it would be a little in the way if it was wider, so I can understand her concern. Sucks though.

ol78hunter

Plecostomus
Original poster
MFK Member
Feb 22, 2008
South Dakota
Nice short body. You'll most likely need to vent when it's a bit bigger. It's hard to tell with FH I've seen females with humps larger than some males or no hump with a steep sloped forehead.
You think this thai silk is a short body?

JSpilo

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Dec 7, 2016
Maryland
Thoughts on his quality?
Well to be honest, I'm not really a fan of Thai Silk. I couldn't give you any feedback regarding quality, I'm not too familiar with them. Personally, I like pearling & color like Ruturaj Ruturaj has. And of course like my little guy, Golden Base.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store