What type of wolffish is this its supposed to be a wild blue aimara (variant) but nobody seems to know what sub species this guy is

kno4te

MFK Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
MFK Member
Dec 24, 2005
USA
Let it put on some size and will see.

jelly

Piranha
MFK Member
Jul 13, 2005
Herts, UK
www.Hoplias.webs.com
Having watched their Youtube video and looking at the fish you have, I think it's Aimara, I don't think the blue is anything other than a variant and not a sub species from a scientific POV.

I have been looking for a Lacerdae for many years. They don't come up much at all. They come from a very different location much further south South America, so I think unlikely to get mixed up.

Last edited:

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
Amapa?

Dilly8374

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Aug 23, 2023
Having watched their Youtube video and looking at the fish you have, I think it's Aimara, I don't think the blue is anything other than a variant and not a sub species from a scientific POV.

I have been looking for a Lacerdae for many years. They don't come up much at all. They come from a very different location much further south South America, so I think unlikely to get mixed up.
Yeah i have too,nobody seems to know exactly what it is and they change like literally 3 colors, one importer who deals with alot of hoplias, says its not a larcadae but a new sub ,im like wtf i there characteristics isn't a mala ,looks more like a aimara but im trying to see,i know someone else he has different substrate so his turns a light blueish grey

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store