Oct 14, 2016
Haps or Goldfish.

Reactions: GamerChick5567

robham777

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Jan 9, 2013
Mobile
Red tailed gouramis, fire eel, and a school of clown loaches maybe a clown knife.

GamerChick5567

Dovii
MFK Member
Nov 1, 2016
Tustin, CA
I'd grow me out a baby rtc and while he's in there getting big and obese I would get me a shovel and dig out a 1000 gallon + heated pond! LOL.

If I had that 450 with those dimensions now though, I would try a huge male jaguar and move all of my other stock over. Also, I would maybe try a midas pair or even dovii or umbees would be pretty sweet if it was a one species tank. Also... obligatory oscars, would definitely get a few haha.

Hmm...also.... fahaka puffer maybe with some fast tank mates? Mbu could work too if it's the 4ft I think. IDK about those puffers really other than they get enormous and require lots of filtration and tasty shelled critters. Would be pretty cool if you ever change your mind about agressive fish.

You could also do an enormous planted tank if you are up for the challenge. You could do some of the less agressive and more colorful ca/sa cichlids. Discus and angels always look amazing in huge tanks. Maybe get some of those with some big schoolers like tinfoil barbs or denison barbs too? Maybe just do schools of small things? You have a lot of options.

Jag586

Piranha
MFK Member
May 28, 2012
st clair shores
I was thinking rays, and maybe a arowana or some other top swimmer, also looking into mbu. I don't want to deal with plants. I was looking at frontosa again and maybe making a cave like tank with stalagmites and stalagtites made out of foam with two or three points of light

Reactions: GamerChick5567

GamerChick5567

Dovii
MFK Member
Nov 1, 2016
Tustin, CA
I like that cave idea, would be a fun build. You could rig some sort of led up in the lid somehow for your sinkholes?

Also... IIRC blind mexican cave tetras do well in hard water and get fairly big. You could probably have those as dithers with the frontosa if you wanted.

Reactions: Jag586 and J. H.
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store