Whats for sale in the DC/MD/VA area....

Status
Not open for further replies.

DISCIPLE

Candiru
MFK Member
Moba Pat;2738436; said:
They are definitely still in business because just now I ordered and paid for 200lbs from Linthicum (Metro Sealant) $21 per 50lb bag. He is transferring them over to Springfield for me. I may have ordered one too many for my 180g tank. They do not have the T grade tho. I ordered S Grade.

I called the Springfield one and the Linthicum and spoke to somebody at both with 2 rings or less.

The phone # for Linthicum is 410-789-7400
thanks pat for clearing that up ;)

DISCIPLE

Candiru
MFK Member
Cartel;2734539; said:
I sent him an email to see if he can get any in. The ones I picked up from him don't seem to be demasoni they look like johannii and what I really want are some demasoni! But yeah he would be much cheaper haha
"There are two different fish going around the hobby as Melanochromis johanni

1. The original Melanchromis johanni is found along the south mozambique coast. Males are blue/black, Females are yellow. The fry are all yellow and when males mature they turn blue/black.

2. I think the confusion is a common name, it was called "electric blue johnani" in stores and on lists for some marketing reason. For a long time the scientific name was Melanochromis maingano, and they are not sexually dipmorphic, so the males and the females are black/blue although females may not be as dark in color. Recently the name was changed, and the current name is: Melanochromis cyaneorhabdos. This Melanochromis is only found on the north side of Likoma Island, which is quite aways from where the original M. johanni is found.

The are two completely different Melanochromis."

I BELIEVE WHAT WE HAVE ARE THE MAINGANO ONES :D WE WANT AFRAS(DOGFISH).

$INI$T3R

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Dec 29, 2008
Stuttgart Germany
Moba Pat;2738436; said:
They are definitely still in business because just now I ordered and paid for 200lbs from Linthicum (Metro Sealant) $21 per 50lb bag. He is transferring them over to Springfield for me. I may have ordered one too many for my 180g tank. They do not have the T grade tho. I ordered S Grade.

I called the Springfield one and the Linthicum and spoke to somebody at both with 2 rings or less.

The phone # for Linthicum is 410-789-7400
Pat WAIT!!!!!! I just called and found T GRADE for 20$ a bag at south central pool supply they are nation wide (including DC).... They will order and ship to the nearest location for no charge.... I called 804-798-2507 thats in Ashland VA (closest to me)

mightymouse35

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 16, 2008
MD
hey guys i got a few bags of the new chingmix sp100 125g and a few bags of the 500mg special chingmix.. call 2402161131

McFluffrichromis

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Nov 29, 2008
Alexandria VA
$INI$T3R;2736070; said:
Ok,

Danger Chicken first off is the man.... Now i need some help.... Danger chicken gave me an web site of a place that has black sand T grade. No one answers the friggen phone tere, so i guess i cant get it from there. So do any of you know where i can get some T GRADE (heavy) BLACK SAND!!!
The S grade does just fine. I stir it up alot and it sinks fast. It never gets in the filter or anything. I think it should be heavy enough.

Oh I just saw you got the T. I like the S I don't mind it. I would like to see the difference between the two. I wonder if it is hard to tell the difference.

gokuson4

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Oct 2, 2006
Gaithersburg, MD

gokuson4

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Oct 2, 2006
Gaithersburg, MD
novacichlids;2736574; said:
Anyone selling any LG to XL Midas (Citrinellum)...please send me a PM
Ray, make me an offer that I can't refuse..and it's yours!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store