What's in the box? It's polys!

Polyaddict86

Alligator Gar
MFK Member
May 1, 2016
Yey bay bay
So no media in the 10 gal ? Nothing for the bb to colonize on except the decor and glass ?

Only thing in the 55 is the danios ? If so and if it were me i would just move the polys to the 55 ich is easily treatable ammonia in qt is a bigger enemy.

If and when you do move them try to feed very lightly as you will be increasing the bioload....again if it were me i move em and dose the 55 gal with 1 bottle of sadestart just to account for the additional bio load.

Basically did this with the 300 gal and it made all my issues disappear lol
I did the samething, 3 bottles tetra safestart after the big WC, but of course wait for 24 hrs before adding the safestart. Monitor the ammonia, it should start to drop down, then do light feed every other day, but still monitoring the ammonia.
Took maybe 1-2 weeks then ammonia got stable to 0 with twice a week WC for my tank.

clm08k

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Oct 31, 2016
Here's some pics of the eye spots:

Her right side(appeared two weeks ago) in the pics were her nose is pointing right. Distinct white spot on pupil.
IMG_3176.JPG IMG_3196.JPG IMG_3183.JPG
Left side appeared today in pics where she is facing left. Looks more cloudy but appears white dot is developing
IMG_3187.JPG
IMG_3188.JPG
(She wouldn't let me get a close up like this of her right side).....

Both spots:
IMG_3184.JPG IMG_3190.JPG

jaws7777

Probation Member
Probation Member
Mar 1, 2014
White house 1600 Pennsylvania Ave NW, Washington
Clean water. Your doing fine hommie. I would put them in the big tank and feed very lightly. Actually dont feed for the next couple of days and test your water daily

Whats in the 55 gal now ?

magpie

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Jun 4, 2016
Oregon
Do what jaws says! :)

Be sure to acclimate them, esp. if the big tank isn't that warm and has no salt.

Get them in the big tank, watch parameters daily, see how she does. Don't dose anything yet, esp. if these guys are saying that salt or ammonia can cause poly eye issues.

Reactions: clm08k and jaws7777

clm08k

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Oct 31, 2016
Clean water. Your doing fine hommie. I would put them in the big tank and feed very lightly. Actually dont feed for the next couple of days and test your water daily

Whats in the 55 gal now ?
thanks Frank for always coming to the rescue. You know how much of a worry wart I am when it comes to my precious polys. haha.

Recently the water has looked yellowish greenish in the 55g as of this week. and there was some brown algae so I did a 50%WC. Idk if the plants are dying or what. Maybe cause I put aquarium salt in there??? They also seem to have more leaves with brown streaks on them. Why yellow/green water?

Well I checked my parameters and now I have ammonia in the 55g. Da heck. Haven't had ammonia all year in this tank!
How do I get rid of it? Am I messing something up with the plants magpie magpie ? Frank is this from pouring dechlorinator in the tank and then filling with hose water?

Vile 1 on left(55g) and vile 2 is poly tank.
Both pH:7.6
IMG_3202.JPG
Nitrates appear to be 15g in the big tank.
IMG_3204.JPG
Man I was gonna put them in the 55g too! Now what do I do? Lol thank you guys for putting up with me. This thread should really be called:" troubleshooting and fixing Chelsea's attempts to master water quality."

magpie

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Jun 4, 2016
Oregon
Plants shouldn't add ammonia,they should help ammonia.

Did you get a new light?
What is it if so. And how long are you running it?

How often are you doing WCs on the 55?

Reactions: clm08k
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store