What's in the box? It's polys!

kno4te

MFK Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
MFK Member
Dec 24, 2005
USA
Can get a plastic tote or tub with cover from Walmart in case you need to separate. Just add water and filter.

Biggest thing is to wait it out a bit.

Reactions: clm08k

magpie

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Jun 4, 2016
Oregon
20 nitrates shouldn't be bothering the parrots that much.

I'd post about them in the cichlids forum and get input for sure.

Agree that it would be better to lose a cheap, small, easily replaceable poly than the Moke.

Are the other schooling fish looking and acting normally?

Last edited:
Reactions: clm08k

clm08k

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Oct 31, 2016
Can get a plastic tote or tub with cover from Walmart in case you need to separate. Just add water and filter.

Biggest thing is to wait it out a bit.
Thanks kno4te. Really appreciate all the responses. Yep I can get a plastic tub and filter. What should I put in the tub? Will post vids in 30 mins. Actually took them to the fish store in plastic bag. One guy thought they looked normal and that "parrot fish are awkward and retarded fish.". Other guy thought their behavior was odd. Both said maybe get another QT and monitor them there. And then that the main tank is probably fine, but to dose it anyways if I wanted. No recommendation on what to use.

currently uploading the video.
They told me to lower my tank temp from 83/84 down a bit. The heAter seems to go to 85 quickly. What temp do polys like best?

jaws7777

Probation Member
Probation Member
Mar 1, 2014
White house 1600 Pennsylvania Ave NW, Washington
I cant tell grom the vids but when you say the scales look ragged do you mean like the are sricking up ? Like an egg corn ?

If so i could be dropsy or bloat one of those cant remember but i had a few denisen barbs that caught one of those bugs and made them look like the scales were sticking out.

magpie

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Jun 4, 2016
Oregon
I know zero things about parrot fish but the first vid is weird behavior in general.

Have you asked the cichlid peeps?

I haven't looked it up lately but I feel like 78-82 is good for polys.

clm08k

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Oct 31, 2016
I cant tell grom the vids but when you say the scales look ragged do you mean like the are sricking up ? Like an egg corn ?

If so i could be dropsy or bloat one of those cant remember but i had a few denisen barbs that caught one of those bugs and made them look like the scales were sticking out.
Yep. Slightly. Not sure if they are sticking out, but they do look a little rough like they potentially could be. 0:40-45 sec.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store