What's in the box? It's polys!

clm08k

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Oct 31, 2016
You're all over the map how we supposed to guess that! geeeez.
Jk cant wait to see happy pics!
Thanks man! Glad everyone thought I was getting an ornate. They are my favorite afterall. Just figured with the current tank size and fast growth, it would be harder to take care of one at this time. So i picked the smaller upper jaws, that don't get as big....which I can still keep in a good size tank. At this time, It will be much easier to upgrade to a 75 or 90 or 125 tank in a year....maybe 180 if I'm lucky..... than a 250-300.

Way cool! Nice trio there. That moke is a phatty
She's thiccc. Wetspot hooked me up! She's super personable, nice and healthy. Has to be longer than 5 inch, even though was labeled as such.
2" is so tiny!

We need WAY better pics soon!

Wet Spot is a master at shipping. They should do fine. Time to fatten them up now!
Here are some more pics. That delhezi needs a good fattening up especially! Thank you to you, Vancouver_98683 Vancouver_98683 , and DMD123 DMD123 for introducing to WetSpot. They did a great job picking out fish and shipping them in a safe and speedy fashion.

Last edited:

Polyaddict86

Alligator Gar
MFK Member
May 1, 2016
Yey bay bay
Wait how many poly are we guessing? I thought we guess every poly already:D
here's some pics of them in temporary quarantine:
The moke is so friendly and active! it hurts my heart so much to have her in the 10 gal for treatment. I all ready want to get her in a 180gal now. lol. The 55 g is way too small, but it will have to do for the time being. She's been doing tail stands in the treatment tank. I have a acrillic sheet on the tank with two bottles on the tank. Since then, she's been resting, swimming around, looking at me and trying to pile with the two other worms. Will have to get some black sand in the tank, or an additional color cause I want the patterns to pop. Can you tell I am all ready obsessed with this fish?

The albino is doing the Croc pose and seems to like following the moke and cuddling with it.
Delhezi is super skinny and has a big head. Not very active, but had a lot of kick to it when I put it in the treatment tank. Hopefully the two little ones will put on some size quickly. View attachment 1254412
View attachment 1254413
View attachment 1254415
Everyone says goodnight!
i see some snacks tonight;)

Reactions: clm08k

DMD123

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Oct 23, 2009
Lakewood, WA
Nice choice of fish. I had an albino sen (also from Wetspot) for a while and it was (still is) one of my all time favorite polys Ive owned. Named mine Snowflake. I rehomed it when I decided on big polys. It was a super outgoing fish and never missed a meal.

Love that Moke! If I ever went and set up an upper jaw tank, that would be one of my picks too.

Cohazard

Arapaima
MFK Member
Jul 13, 2005
Nice!! Another Moke keeper :D

kno4te

MFK Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
MFK Member
Dec 24, 2005
USA
Great purchases clm08k clm08k .

magpie

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Jun 4, 2016
Oregon
Yeah, depending on the temperament of the Moke, it could end up badly.

You might consider putting Moke in the 55 now, and let the Del and Sen grow out a month or two in the QT. You could feed them more heavily that way, and be sure that they didn't become snacks. I put a just under 4" Teug with my 8-9" Del only because I knew her temperament. And even then, I was a little worried.

It would be nice for the Del and Sen to be closer to 4" just to be safe.

FYI my Moke has been my slowest grower. It's a male so that might contribute, but that is also in your favor re: letting the other tiny babies catch up a touch. I would think a CB Del would be a natural pig and probably grow relatively quickly, esp. at that size.

You've had such bad luck with polys, we all just want to assure you have success this time!

clm08k

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Oct 31, 2016
Yeah, depending on the temperament of the Moke, it could end up badly.

You might consider putting Moke in the 55 now, and let the Del and Sen grow out a month or two in the QT. You could feed them more heavily that way, and be sure that they didn't become snacks. I put a just under 4" Teug with my 8-9" Del only because I knew her temperament. And even then, I was a little worried.

It would be nice for the Del and Sen to be closer to 4" just to be safe.

FYI my Moke has been my slowest grower. It's a male so that might contribute, but that is also in your favor re: letting the other tiny babies catch up a touch. I would think a CB Del would be a natural pig and probably grow relatively quickly, esp. at that size.

You've had such bad luck with polys, we all just want to assure you have success this time!
I think that's a great idea! Yeah it worries me too. As Polyaddict86 Polyaddict86 , Thatoscarguy Thatoscarguy , twentyleagues twentyleagues stated. Really appreciate you guys voicing your opinions and concerns. That del is a toothpick. Don't want them to end up snacks either!

Bought an actual filter today for the QT. Going to put that on today.

DMD123 DMD123 , snowflake sounds like a great fish! Hopefully this one is personable like yours. Seems to have a lot of potential.

Thanks Cohazard Cohazard , kno4te kno4te ! Gonna enjoy being in the moke club!

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store