What's In The Box?

Fat Homer

Mmmmm... Doughnuts
Staff member
MFK Member
Mar 16, 2009
----
If you want to be really picky, you can even line breed the patterns you like...

Angelphish

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Dec 13, 2015
Georgia
Dont get me wrong, yours are actually quite good quality... but personally speaking, if you want higher quality, cull the ones that arent showing signs of looking good from a young age and eventually the colony should get better and better colors...
I'll just throw the bad ones in the 12g. They may live, they may not, I'd prefer to give them a chance rather than just use them as feeders.

Reactions: Fat Homer

Fat Homer

Mmmmm... Doughnuts
Staff member
MFK Member
Mar 16, 2009
----
Btw, more pics of the new fish ;)

Hendre

Bawitius
Staff member
MFK Member
Jan 14, 2016
South Africa
Angel sell the culls. Makes money and helps you improve your bloodlines

Reactions: Angelphish

Angelphish

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Dec 13, 2015
Georgia
This one looks to be one of my better ones. What grade would you rate it Fat Homer Fat Homer ? To me it looks like an SS.

Sorry for pic quality, I had to zoom in to get a good pic of this guy.

Fat Homer

Mmmmm... Doughnuts
Staff member
MFK Member
Mar 16, 2009
----
This one looks to be one of my better ones. What grade would you rate it Fat Homer Fat Homer ? To me it looks like an SS.

Sorry for pic quality, I had to zoom in to get a good pic of this guy.
Honestly its very hard to grade any shrimp officially unless its truly SSS class, mainly because it comes down to the perspective of the person judging it...

But looking at just your photos alone, that could easily pass for an S to SS...

Back in the day i remember some store owners would shine bright flash lights at the shrimp just to prove to their buyers the SSS grade shell color was that solid no light got through...

Angelphish

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Dec 13, 2015
Georgia
Honestly its very hard to grade any shrimp officially unless its truly SSS class, mainly because it comes down to the perspective of the person judging it...

But looking at just your photos alone, that could easily pass for an S to SS...

Back in the day i remember some store owners would shine bright flash lights at the shrimp just to prove to their buyers the SSS grade shell color was that solid no light got through...
I'd do that too if someone was interested in buying my $20 shrimp.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store