What's the most grusome death one of your fish has suffered?

Texas321

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Feb 26, 2016
my daughter (2 1/2) almost killed her american flag fish with hands covered in Desetin (diaper rash cream) after she finger painted the inside of the tank and threw a battery powered toy in there too! Little guy was down at the bottom breathing really hard for a LONG time. Cleaned his tank a couple of times, treated him, and he actually lived through it. So crap, not a death story but.....
My almost two year old daughter throws everything she can find in my tanks..Luckily nothing harmful so far.

chriske

Feeder Fish
Jul 9, 2016
Last week i introduced a channa, datmoides and a beani in my tank. The beani got molested in 10 minutes by my toxotes. I didn't get the time to get the fish out, it happened so fast :-(.

harveysburger

Gambusia
MFK Member
Jan 10, 2015
Canada
I wanted to euthanizing a sick fish once, a large one. I settled for the cutting the head clean method for some reason. I figured i ll chop the head quick, should be painless right... I totally screwed up. My knife wasnt sharp enough, my technique was probably bad as well...

It was anything but clean and definitly not quick... I ll google that topic better next time...

Hendre

Bawitius
Staff member
MFK Member
Jan 14, 2016
South Africa
ouch

bandicoot

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 15, 2016
Benson, AZ
Besides what I'm currently going through right now, one of the worst and saddest death I have dealt with was an African Cichlid I had for ever. I had lived in Texas and moved to Alaska for College and my grandmother took my African for me. When I had come back and got married, my ex insisted that my grandmother keep her. When I came back 6 years later, when my grandmother had passed, I found her tank sitting in front of a window, black with algae and only about 6 inches of water in the tank, no filter on. As I was cleaning the tank I saw a stripe of yellow in the green sludge, when I touched it it freaked. She was alive! I felt so bad for her. I carefully took her out and acclimated her to a 45 tall tank I had cycled at my new BF's house. The shock of all the light, clean water and space (she was in a 10 gal tank alone) She never fully adjusted from the years in that sludge. After a few months in fresh clean water, she died.

I don't blame my grandmother, she couldn't help the last few years she had, she had tried her best but the cancer was so bad, and none of her helpers knew that the tank held a live fish.

The other one involves the same fish and her bigger tank mate, my favorite fish in the world who I still to this day miss, my "Jellybean" Blood Parrot. I had gotten her from the horrid pet store I worked for and she was the last of the "Jellybeans" they had that survived. So I took her in and put her in my African tank, I figured that she would have been just fine seeing that my African was feisty and was 2 inches smaller than the BPC, all was good for a few months, with typical squabbling over territory but nothing to bad, added a huge log to the tank and that settled the feud..... at least I thought.... I came home from my first day of work at a new job hoping to see my babies do what they do (shifting the gravel around making little walls) and relax, when I saw a gruesome sight... my BPC shredded! Pieces of her all over the tank and her head laying in her flowerpot home still trying to breath, and my tiny African parading around a chunk of her in her mouth.

That little African was a tough critter and she was really my first fish. She survived a bunch of noobie mishaps and had stuck it out for almost 10 years.

Gman9272

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Mar 3, 2016
Idk about gruesome but odd one for me I bought a red spot Severum yesterday I monitored it till 1 am last night as it was smaller than my red shoulder woke up this morning and it was gone no signs of it I tear apart the tank and I found it deep inside my drift wood I had to crack it open to get it out and he was dead had the fish for less than a day that's a record for me

convict360

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Dec 9, 2013
Scotland
Idk about gruesome but odd one for me I bought a red spot Severum yesterday I monitored it till 1 am last night as it was smaller than my red shoulder woke up this morning and it was gone no signs of it I tear apart the tank and I found it deep inside my drift wood I had to crack it open to get it out and he was dead had the fish for less than a day that's a record for me
Unlucky

Hendre

Bawitius
Staff member
MFK Member
Jan 14, 2016
South Africa
I had a goldfish get folded in half by my pump yesterday. my dad said it looked horrible

AZ Red

Exodon
MFK Member
Aug 8, 2016
Woke up one morning to find that my tilapia had killed and eaten not one, but two of their tankmates. And these weren't small fish, they were both around 4". And they were picked clean. Literally, I pulled skeletons out of the tank.

Reactions: Deadliestviper7
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store