When rays attack part III

ctoychik

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Aug 4, 2008
LAOS
www.monsterfishkeepers.com
Geez you are scaring me now ^^ i thought that rays were mild natured (peaceful) bottom dwellers ... hmmm, like i said before i better keep an eye on my puppy lest one of the ancients will become a meal

Gr8KarmaSF

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MFK Member
Jul 23, 2005
Quarantine Tank
Cto - hope it works out....

Marius

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Woot... that ray is wicked.

T1KARMANN;475738; said:
i have always kept rays and aros

but i did have a 2yr brake from rays when i tryed FRT to see what all the fuss was about my aro used to keep the FRT in its place but as soon as i sold the aro and was waiting for my new xback the FRT was lefrt in the tank with a scarlet pleco and a few TIGER (dats)

As soon as the aro was removed the FRT started to kill fish for fun and i had to remove the scarlet pleco from the FRTs mouth a few times when i saw him swimming around with it

FRT also mess up the water bad
Good to know, won't try that anytime soon.

ctoychik;2345380; said:
Geez you are scaring me now ^^ i thought that rays were mild natured (peaceful) bottom dwellers ... hmmm, like i said before i better keep an eye on my puppy lest one of the ancients will become a meal
You're kidding, right?!? It's a predator man :headbang2

Gr8KarmaSF

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MFK Member
Jul 23, 2005
Quarantine Tank
:popcorn:

lincolngoh

Candiru
MFK Member
Jan 10, 2007
Singapore Serangoon Gdn
Taking a tankmate to lunch is only a few skipped meals away.

Tankmates with spikes like Dats and CLs are kinda safer.

Slivery darting fish are not safe. My 10 inch rays been muching on a few 4-5 inch FFs. Now I go for bigger ones.

Gr8KarmaSF

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MFK Member
Jul 23, 2005
Quarantine Tank
fcamargo6thave;2406198; said:
i also thought Rays were peaceful animals
For the most part they are....

Marius

Fire Eel
MFK Member
fcamargo6thave;2406198; said:
i also thought Rays were peaceful animals
They are not viscious, but that doesn't mean they aren't opportunistic feeders. They're extremely intelligent hunters and pretty much what can fit int their mouth ...might end up in their belly :grinno:

High City Rida

C.R.E.A.M.
MFK Member
Mar 5, 2008
In the air and I ain't comin down!
GR8KarmaSF Your ray rocks man! I love her tenacity and never give up attitude. I truley believe no Fish is of limits when a fish get's the tast of a fresh meal. CLASSIC just CLASSIC!

Arapaimaman

In Loving Memory
Aug 27, 2005
Central Florida
I caught a motoro in Peru and I hand carried it home,man it was fun carring it around the airplane and through customs in Peru,Florida,L.A.X. I put it in my 1,500 gallon tank at home.I had Arapaimas in the tank. I was watching one of the and he went straight down and took the ray and shook it by the tail and then let it go.The ray floated down and was dead when it hit the bottom. I will not mix those fish together again. What a lost.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store