When you pick out your fish, what do you look for?

vinod_uthaiah

Plecostomus
MFK Member
May 17, 2013
India , Bangalore
Make sure there's no ich. Not much of a quarantine kind of person and never have tried because there was no need. Fins intact, make sure it eats pellets by asking associates to feed. And look for fish that isn't so skiddish. Made a mistake once will not do it again. That's what I look for.

Sent from my iPod touch using MonsterAquariaNetwork app
+1...
One more quick check I run is ...point my finger to the front glass...usually the inquisitive and the healthiest run to inspect and that is what lands in my collection

EricJ7182

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jan 30, 2011
Jersey
Dominance, overall health defects, vibrant colors, "personality" ( some fish hide, others think they are getting fed and come to the glass) how they interact with other fish in their tank, size. It also depends on the fish b/c different species may show all, some, or none of these traits. Some just look showy that day and catch my eye lol.

Sent from my iPad using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

koh the face stealer

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jun 12, 2011
Arizona
Make sure there's no ich. Not much of a quarantine kind of person and never have tried because there was no need. Fins intact, make sure it eats pellets by asking associates to feed. And look for fish that isn't so skiddish. Made a mistake once will not do it again. That's what I look for.

Sent from my iPod touch using MonsterAquariaNetwork app
No need for a quarantine tank before you introduce new fish to your main tank? That makes sense.

I look for the most interactive, alert, colorful, and most healthy appearance.

Asking for a feeding demonstration as someone mentioned is great. I'll be doing that from now on too.

Sent from my ADR6350 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

nbarbagallo98

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Mar 20, 2013
Jackson, New Jersey
No need for a quarantine tank before you introduce new fish to your main tank? That makes sense.

I look for the most interactive, alert, colorful, and most healthy appearance.

Asking for a feeding demonstration as someone mentioned is great. I'll be doing that from now on too.

Sent from my ADR6350 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App
I agree, will be doing that too!

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store